5x7 JL C5 570 speakers from The Car Stereo Company!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
DSC00620_zps1db00584.jpg

'busa came through in a big way! I am telling you now, for all of your audio/video/electronics needs, The Car Stereo Company is the way to go. Please take a moment to read the various ways that Noah went above and beyond to make me happy.

Now, I told The Car Stereo Company back a few months ago when he was nosbusa that if he became a vendor on FRF then I would be one of the first to do business with him.

Sort of like how Lt. Dan told Forrest if he was ever a shrimp boat captain that he would be his First Mate.

Well, you could say busa bought the shrimp boat, and I wheeled myself down the dock and said "well here I am. I am a man of my word".

Anyway, I plan on building an entire system piece by piece as time and money allows. But in the short term I'm pretty sure either something is loose in my door panel or my factory Sony speakers are already blown after 2000 miles. Or they are just THAT bad. In any event...

I called up Noah and told him my scenario. He listened intently and spent probably 45 minutes going over my various options. He wasn't trying to sell me the farm, just wanted to make sure I would be happy now and have the ability to grow the system at a later date.

With that being said, we know the JL speakers will not perform to their potential with the factory amp, but we both decided it would be better than what's there now and someday we could rock them with an aftermarket amp.

I ended up with the JL C5-570 component 5x7 speakers. I plan on replacing both the door speaker and the A-pillar tweeter. I explained to Noah that I had never removed the door panels or A-pillar trim before and asked how it was done. Within hours he had a video showing how to remove the door panel. The A-pillar trim removal video is coming soon.:Hump:

As for pricing, these speakers are pretty spendy. $499 sale price from Authorized Retailers plus shipping. And let me tell you from experience, you definitely want to buy JL, Pioneer and JBL from authorized retailers. Car audio warranties are some of the most strict I have ever encountered and I've been shut down by JL, Pioneer and JBL for buying on eBay or discount sites in my relatively short time upgrading my own car audio.

I didn't pay $499, let's just say Noah hooked it up well below anything else I could find on the internet. I'm not saying he is able to do that all the time but from how it sounds he is more than happy to give deep discounts to FRF members.

Today, I received the package (lightning fast shipping from CA to MA mind you) and felt a bit confused about what I found in the box. I called Noah's shop and he wasn't there. I told the guy on the phone my questions and he gave me Noah's cell phone number. The dude took time out of his day off to talk to me, excellent customer service.

Anyway, it's not very often I'm this impressed with an internet retailer's willingness to go above and beyond so I definitely wanted to be one of the first to outline some great feedback for The Car Stereo Company!

I'll have an install write up and lots of pics, including a review of the speakers in a few days.

x136C5570-f.jpeg

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spoke with noah today as well and he spent time to answer all questions very well. One of the nicest smart asses i know lol. Srsly he is a nice guy that is looking to make the customer happy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I spoke with noah today as well and he spent time to answer all questions very well. One of the nicest smart asses i know lol. Srsly he is a nice guy that is looking to make the customer happy

He remains very polite and professional any time you talk to him. I was like wait are you the same nosbusa?! lol

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He remains very polite and professional any time you talk to him. I was like wait are you the same nosbusa?! lol

Actually it was funny. When be called i did not know the number so i answered hello and on the other end i got a nosbusa standard comment lol i said hey noah! But after that he was very professional and polite. We spoke about my current transaction and a future one as well. Lots of knowledge in that corrupt mind of his!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cant find my video camera. so i will have to use my phone for the video. i hope the quality is decent enough. but im about to pull the pillar off. so stay tuned

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

i actually have to call you back whenever my phone charges
sure, anytime. you got my number

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What made these the chosen selection? I ask because without researching, one of my first choices to compare would be Infinity's Kappa 680.9CS or Reference 6830CS.

Since I haven't researched audio upgrades for the Raptor yet, I don't know if these would or would not actually end up on my short list. They were just the first speakers that came to mind.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
What made these the chosen selection? I ask because without researching, one of my first choices to compare would be Infinity's Kappa 680.9CS or Reference 6830CS.

Since I haven't researched audio upgrades for the Raptor yet, I don't know if these would or would not actually end up on my short list. They were just the first speakers that came to mind.

I don't have a great answer for you there. I did not consider the Infinity at any time because I have never been let down by JL Audio. They are expensive, but for good reason. I know based on what Noah told me that a straight coax speaker replacement will not work on our trucks because only a low level signal is sent to the door woofers so any woofer/tweeter coax speaker would not perform desirably.

With that being said, I see the Inifity speakers you linked are components with crossovers just like the JL. I did research the feedback on the JL's and it was fantastic 5 stars. Coupled with the price Noah was able to get me it was a no-brainer.