2nd usb sync plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard that there is another usb plug besides the one above the upfitter switches
is this true?

am i just another noob who couldnt do a proper search because its already mentioned a dozen times??

lol

MXrider38

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard that there is another usb plug besides the one above the upfitter switches
is this true?

am i just another noob who couldnt do a proper search because its already mentioned a dozen times??

lol

That was another noob question. One more outburst and you will be sent to one week of purgatory at the z.

On a positive note there is one there and it's super easy to do. Some people have switched the two so their iPod will say USB instead of usb2 when connected.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
That was another noob question. One more outburst and you will be sent to one week of purgatory at the z.
AHahaha thats awesome!
I did this mod, I had to order an male mini usb to female 1.0 or 2.0 whatever it is adapter. Cost like $3. Best mod though, I hated the ipod wire going from the switch panel to the center console, poor design not having it already in the center.

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say around 6ft, minimum. I used a 10ft one, cause that is all I could find local. It is actually a PS3 recharging cord for the controllers, found at the local Gamestop.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Glove box was a heck of a lot easier (literally 5 minute install). I don't store anything in the glovebox other than owner's manual and music drive, so it winds up being a better place for me at least. I only pull the drive every month or so to update it.

OP
OP
Crosstx

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i get time this week when i get home i'll give it a try and maybe snap a pic or two

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was installing something else today when I noticed how easy it would be to attached another usb cable, if I had one available ...

1) Remove the rubber pad by lifting up using a small screwdriver or something similar.
2) Remove the 2 7mm bolts.
3) Remove the plastic tray/speaker by lifting the rear slightly and pull towards the windshield.