2014 Raptor + iPhone 5s + Text Messaging = ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have two iPhone 5s (Sprint & Verizon). If I connect to my truck with the Verizon phone, I can get text message notifications through my truck. If I sync the Sprint phone and try to do the same thing, I get a message from the truck saying that the phone doesn't support text messaging.

As mentioned, they're the same phone and I've gone through all the phone settings one by one to confirm that they're all the same.

Any ideas? I read on a Ford site to reset my phone, but don't really want to do that.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have two iPhone 5s (Sprint & Verizon). If I connect to my truck with the Verizon phone, I can get text message notifications through my truck. If I sync the Sprint phone and try to do the same thing, I get a message from the truck saying that the phone doesn't support text messaging.

As mentioned, they're the same phone and I've gone through all the phone settings one by one to confirm that they're all the same.

Any ideas? I read on a Ford site to reset my phone, but don't really want to do that.

Settings > Bluetooth > Sync tap the info circle Show Notifications make sure it's on, this on the phone.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, but I should have mentioned that I already tried that.

Are both phones in the truck at the same time? It's not your phone it never is its Sync. Master Reset the Sync system and delete the pairing record from your phone. Set it up again good to go. If you're settings are right and you have Messages notifications set to show on lock screen, then it's Sync.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are both phones in the truck at the same time? It's not your phone it never is its Sync. Master Reset the Sync system and delete the pairing record from your phone. Set it up again good to go. If you're settings are right and you have Messages notifications set to show on lock screen, then it's Sync.

True story! Master reset BRUH!