2013+ 800a audio upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything new in the world of stereo upgrades for us with the awful 800a raptors?

is it as simple as tapping into the stock system?

how about integrating everything to still use the 4" screen with reverse camera and such?

thanks

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alpine has a kit and radio out. i believe it runs $3,000 for the unit, but it comes with everything needed to interface with the non nav trucks. from there you can add amplifiers sound processor and speakers

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is another kit coming out early next year that will allow you to use a standard double din stereo. That Alpine unit is cool but $3000 is a joke. It will look like this.

IMG_2707.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is another kit coming out early next year that will allow you to use a standard double din stereo. That Alpine unit is cool but $3000 is a joke. It will look like this.

View attachment 57748
the alpine has everything needed to integrate into the sync/mft system. it includes a 9" screen, retains steering wheel controls, uses existing mic, and has idata link to retain all oem features. thats why its so expensive. metras new dash kit will be somewhat expensive too. but figure in the cost of everything needed, its not as much as a difference as you woud think.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alpine is still over priced. $2k with an actual street price around $1800 and I think it would be a popular choice but $3k is insane.

They make units that go in the mustang and integrate with the steering wheels and such and have the whole new plate with controls and such and they are $1k. The $3k is them just being greedy till something else hits the market

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't need a 9" screen. And that kit will integrate everything as well. I don't know the price yet but I'm sure it won't be even half of what the alpine costs.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the 9" screen does not cost much to actually produce. Alpine is just marking it up to make it seem like its some amazing thing. The screen cost is minimal

wishbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please tell me for that price Alpine at least put in a capacitive touch screen?

Also their webpage says it's still not compatible with MFT equipped systems? I know this thread is for 800a systems, but I thought they were going to update it.