2011 Stock Speaker Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In October 2011 I received my minimal optioned Raptor.
Recently I have noticed that, what seems to be, the passenger door speaker distorting on some low notes at less than half volume.

Are the stock speakers of poor quality, to the point that they last only about a year when run at average or lower volume.

I suppose it would be a warranty replacement, but is there a good, not top of the line, replacement speaker that would be adequate?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had no issues with my stock speakers ( Sony name / Ford speakers ). I did do the polyfil mod on the sub, with little noticeable difference in bass output. My suggestion, if your not happy with the stock speakers or if in your case, they shit the bed, upgrade to something better. There are plenty of options available for mid to high end speakers. I am sure some members will chime in with specific recommendations but in the end, it all depends on your individual tastes and the depth of your pockets. Good luck!

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it depends on if you are looking to do modification, or just want a speaker to put in the 5x7 hole

I guess one of the questions I'd like opinions on is the quality of the stock speakers. If they are good, it is possible that I just have a lemon and a warranty replacement would do quite well.

I don't have keen ear for music, but I am aware of speaker distortion (which I find annoying). Better sound quality than stock won't be appreciated on my ears. I did like the sound system well enough on my Raptor when it was new.

The reason I started this thread is that I own a Prowler and their OEM door speakers lasted about 5,000 miles (run time) before they failed. It is usually remedied with an aftermarket replacement speaker.