2010 Sony Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssebranek

Reaction score
I have a quick question. I want to stop the EQ'ing of the radio (Sony-non-Nav.) by either replacing the radio or amplifier. Not sure where the EQ'ing is done in the 2010's. I would love to keep the factory look. Would this work, or any other ideas?

PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD11 Amplifier Replacement Interface

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541AP...Amplifier-Replacement-Interface.html?tp=76949

My thinking is that the processing/EQ'ing is done in the amplifiers of the 2010s but I don't remember. Thanks for any help. I searched but became more confused.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question. I want to stop the EQ'ing of the radio (Sony-non-Nav.) by either replacing the radio or amplifier. Not sure where the EQ'ing is done in the 2010's. I would love to keep the factory look. Would this work, or any other ideas?

PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD11 Amplifier Replacement Interface

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541AP...Amplifier-Replacement-Interface.html?tp=76949

My thinking is that the processing/EQ'ing is done in the amplifiers of the 2010s but I don't remember. Thanks for any help. I searched but became more confused.
2010 year trucks have 2 amplifiers. one on the sub and one in the center console. you are correct that all the eq adjustments are made in the amplifiers. that piece will work but you will need new amps and speakers

OP
OP
S

ssebranek

Reaction score
Thanks so much. I have replaced the sub and sub amp a few years back. Haven't driven the truck for awhile and forgot how bad the sound is. Any views on a good small size amp? I will be keeping stock speaker as they will be last upgrade. I need new shocks, soon so price <$500? The sound options have changed from 8 years ago.