12 Volt source for aftermarket circuit under dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunner75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for any knowledge on where one can tap in to an "under the dash" location for a 12volt add ons.

This weekend I plan on popping off some panels and looking at the wiring, etc such as cig lighter locations on dash where one can tap in without wiring mods. I hate splicing but don't mind it if I can strip, solider, and heat shrink but would rather adapt with extension that can be removed later.

My goal: Add duel cig lighter behind access panel on side dash inserts on passenger side or driver for:
-Dash Cam
-Ambient lighting
-I pad power hidden
-hidden battery charger for specialty equipment mounted in glove box.

If anyone knows what a "short harness" is and or one that can be purchased from Ford so one can alter with lead offs and then original put back in place once items are removed I'd be up for that as well.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you wont find it under the dash. the amount of current you plan to draw will exceed the capacity of the wires under the dash. remove the fuse panel on the passenger side. on the back, you will find 6ga power coming from the battery.

OP
OP
Gunner75

Gunner75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That is actually where I was thinking to start as I recalled something when I connected the up fitter switches.