10 NAV map update - sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aussiesvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

so my '10 Scab has old maps and my street isn't avaliable on it

does anyone know what i need to do to update the latest maps in my truck?

Its kinda annoying when the nav has a heart attack.

cheers

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys,

so my '10 Scab has old maps and my street isn't avaliable on it

does anyone know what i need to do to update the latest maps in my truck?

Its kinda annoying when the nav has a heart attack.

cheers

You can get it on Amazon or Ebay for between $55 & $65 which is where most of us on here ordered it from. Even if you look and there are none left just wait a day and more will pop up.

Reaction score
For the 2010's at least be careful buying them from someone other than the manufacturer because it's not an SD card like the new trucks it's a set of CD's. You have to supply a hardware ID from your exact stereo when you order them and then the discs come with an unlock code specific to the hardware ID that you supplied them. If you don't have that code you can't unlock the maps.

OP
OP
Aussiesvt

Aussiesvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get it on Amazon or Ebay for between $55 & $65 which is where most of us on here ordered it from. Even if you look and there are none left just wait a day and more will pop up.

I can find the sd card update real cheap but the 2010 sync is a did I believe and they are about $149...
Bugger

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know if you can get a new unlock code from the company or not if you buy a used disc; I would think not because that would defeat the whole point of them having codes to begin with.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Map update is not going to help you at all.
The Maps are for North America/Canada/Mexico ONLY!!!

Plus it's a 4 Disk DVD package for $149 on your Ford Owners Website for 2010 - 2012.
Disks are keyed and registered to your Vin# you get a specific 16 didgit key code with the disks to unlock. And the key code will not work on another vin#
Go to your Ford Owners Website and register if you haven't already put in your Vin# you can get all the info there as to who to contact about the maps. It is a their party vendor doing the maps for Ford.
From what I was told, if you have the right disk for your vehicle you can buy another key code for $149. LOL

And if you do got for it anyway, I did a somewhat "how to" thread:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/2014-map-update-$149-36513/#post734545

Also, There is a German company on here that can help you with a Nav Unit and the correct maps you need. They have posted several times in this section, do a search for them.

Follow here:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/gps-maps-outside-us-20854/index2.html#post524327

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just thinking, I could check out the street you need on my 2010, I did a map update in 2014.
Who knows maybe they did some updating in other regions.