Yellowstone Roadtrip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from Vegas, this will be a little out of the way, but if you stay on I-80 east to Rock Springs and head north you can eventually make it to Killpecker Sand Dunes. Went to Yellowstone last summer with my boys and we spent a day at Killpecker on our way to Jackson. Great time at the dunes and the drive to get there is pretty fun as well. Lots of places to open it up. And I believe some of the mountain passes that you might explore are off the highway that comes north out of Rock Springs so you might be headed that direction anyway.

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics from my AMAZING trip! I put about 2K fun miles on the truck and saw some pretty cool stuff. No side road trips but I didn't really have time for that anyway. Already planning a second trip.

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

I never noticed my mid perch so much until this picture! lol

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to hear everything went good. whens the next trip?

Probably late August of 2013. I was there on this trip the last weekend of reservations for the campground or I probably would have stayed another week. We did escape the snowstorms however! All entrances except for the North one close 11/5 so we JUST made it. It was awesome though. If anyone is thinking of going, DO IT!

Funny, I did not see ONE raptor in the entire week of driving in and around Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and the surrounding area!! I got a few compliments though. Some guy asked if it had a Diesel!

Great Trip. Friendly People. Amazing area! I'm doing it again soon!!!

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't see any Raptors. There are about 6-7 of us in the Jackson/GTNP area. Missing the snow is a bummer! Just started on Monday and it's been fun so far! Glad you had a good trip.

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't see any Raptors. There are about 6-7 of us in the Jackson/GTNP area. Missing the snow is a bummer! Just started on Monday and it's been fun so far! Glad you had a good trip.

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't see any up there. On the way back there were a few that passed me and I flashed them with the Rigid. But all in all it was a blast! I can't say enough about it. I'll post some more pics for the folks that haven't been up there...

For now, it's game 2 of the World Series!! GO GIANTS!