Yellowstone Roadtrip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this Sunday I'm off to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. It's roughly a 1500 mile roundtrip from Las Vegas. I will be attending the Raptor Roundup on Saturday then heading up the next morning. Got the Raptor all packed up. Its my first trip up thereso looking forward to it. I will see if i can find any side roads while im there. 10 days in the wild!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, i am going for sure. Gotta burn my vacation days at work. But something tells me that i am gonna want to go back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my wife and i were planning on taking the kids to yellowstone and to visit my sister in estes park. maybe when im there next year we can plan something out.

enjoy your trip

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to be near Jackson hole there are tons of amazing trails! Talk to some of the locals, maybe they can point you in the right direction. There's 1 trail in specific that goes up over the wind river Mt. range that is the most incrediblely scenic trail I've ever been on.

There's also a little town called Dubois that has lots of great trails near it. It's only about 90 miles as the crow flies from Jackson.

Dave

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson hole is super cool, lots of cool offroad trucks there. Saw an H1 and defender 90, parked on the main street. Yellowstone is absolutely amazing. There is nothing else that can be said, except watch out for tatanka

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of you can, check out the wildlife refuge in Jackson, take the free rangers tour, really amazing. RW and I did this in February, and we saw eagles, sheep, cyotes, elk, and even a wolf. The ranger was very knowledgeable.

And eat at a place called the Blue Lion.

Joe

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i went to boarding school in clark, wyoming for 2 years. the land all around there is very beautiful. anywhere around there, where modern civilization has not intruded on the landscape is well worth seeing

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jackson and Yellowstone are my backyard! Tons of great trails out here. Just a heads up though, almost all businesses (gift shops and stores) in yellowstone are already closed for the year as well as lodging. GTNP stuff is still open and you can also get some great deals in Jackson since it is starting our "off-season". PM me if you want/need any other info.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that would be a dream trip! Not sure driving the Raptor out there would be in the cards though.. flying out there might happen though.

Take pics!