Raptor towing my Airstream...towing ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add more **** on the forum so we just purchased a Flying Cloud 25FB. We pick it up next Friday - I will be sure to take a couple pics and add to this thread. I will also be sure to post a pic of her rear for those who are all about the bass ;)

Last edited:

BryanThompson

Reaction score
Thanks for the Airstream love. A friend forwarded me the link from Jalopnik.

​I'm the automotive designer who led the creation of the Basecamp project, while designing for Nissan. The project started because of a fan letter I wrote to Airstream three years prior, that went unanswered until the new president of the company, Dickie Riegel, found it in his predecessor's desk. He called me upon discovering it, and asked me to lead a program to design what became the BaseCamp.

We created the Basecamp to have a fusion of Airstream and Nissan XTerra DNA. Love seeing that they are still out there, and this one looks fantastic behind the Ford truck!

BryanThompsonDesign.com

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bryan, it looks like you guys released this thing at the wrong time from what I understand (right before a major recession)...how about telling Airstream to come out with a Basecamp II??

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Some of you may have seen my other thread where I posted my ML55 towing my Airstream Basecamp, but I figured I'd better get some photos of the Raptor towing it now. I took these photos just north of Pacific City, OR. This was the second trip towing the trailer with the Raptor. I have to admit, this thing tows a whole lot better then the ML (statement of the obvious... :flipthebird: ).

I have a two week vacation coming up in early June that I should be able to get some good shots of the full camping setup. Anyway, enjoy the photos...

P1010656.jpg

You have become famous!

This Rare Compact Airstream Looks Boss With A Matching Ford Raptor