Coyote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright guys...quick question, was wondering what you guys thought of this camper? i know it adds too much weight to do much of anything with it while its still on...but im wondering what you guys think...pros and cons..and cost is about 14k and up! so thats already tossing a flag on the field for me anyhow...but its nice to pop up camp...and your good to go

0_0_0_0_238_178_csupload_20825306_large.jpg

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice looking camper, do you or the distributor have any pictures of the camper deployed and rear camper pictures?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm... well, I'm not keen on the aesthetic. And I can hear that poor Raptor's suspension crying from here!

But it does look functional. If it were me, and I was dead set on this approach, I would add bags back there and use them when hauling that sucker around.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Can you name the truck with 4 wheel drive...smells like a steak and steak and seats 35 Canyoneerrroooo.

12 yards long and 2 lanes wide, 65 tons of American Pride, Canyonerrroooooo. Canyonneeerrro

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea. A lot. But that's absolutely not for me.

The Raptor is a high performance vehicle that isn't designed to haul weight especially not when offroading as that will seriously hinder its performance.

We've thought about pulling a camping trailer and LEAVING it at base camp. While the idea of having a quick set-up camper with you is great in my opinion the affect of the weight on the vehicle will dramatically reduce its performance.

IF you're not into high performance offroading when you have the camper on the Raptor then by all means go for it. It is a great idea for improving comfort and convenience when camping (and we're into camping).

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
alright guys...quick question, was wondering what you guys thought of this camper? i know it adds too much weight to do much of anything with it while its still on...but im wondering what you guys think...pros and cons..and cost is about 14k and up! so thats already tossing a flag on the field for me anyhow...but its nice to pop up camp...and your good to go

0_0_0_0_238_178_csupload_20825306_large.jpg

I think it would **** up your tires.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd go camping trailer first...

Also, one of my friends bought something similar for his dually... wasn't the same brand though... Not long after he traded it in on a conventional Lance camper and then the Lance camper on a Toy Hauler. He found the "pop up" a PITA to raise and lower when getting ready, packing, cleaning, etc. (It wasn't difficult, just annoying). The Lance was too "top heavy" for his tastes... he was really happy after he replaced his regular trailer with a toy hauler.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
We've thought about pulling a camping trailer and LEAVING it at base camp. While the idea of having a quick set-up camper with you is great in my opinion the affect of the weight on the vehicle will dramatically reduce its performance.

I wonder if you can deploy the jacks on the side and still leave it at base camp... Drive to the camp with the slide in installed, jack it up and leave it behind to go wheelin'.