Camping Gear - Essential & Non-Essential Products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alex, I'd love to see your camping set up.

Is the Ice off the lakes up there yet? I've been up to North Tea lake just days after the melt off.

Here is one of my canoe on the truck

224882_698558626398_1325308159_n.jpg

and once we got to the put in

425622_698558631388_454849277_n.jpg

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The thread title doesn't specify what type of camping is being performed. Depending on your budget either of these coolers are great options for truck, car, rv or boat camping. Especially if you want to cook some fat juicy steaks on your three burner grill. I'm not always fond of eating Mountain House freeze dried squirrel shit with noodles on every single camping trip. Most of us assumed no one would be trying to strap this to their back and plug it in their ass for power on a back country safari. :)

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
ill type in and link all the gear i use for you guys wondering about how i do 5-15 days in the backcountry...
i just replaced my platypus gravity water filter because i got tired from changing filters every 1000 litres...
so i bought the best of the best 350 bucks.. but for lifetime 50000 litres...
Katadyn Pocket Water Filter

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
The thread title doesn't specify what type of camping is being performed. Depending on your budget either of these coolers are great options for truck, car, rv or boat camping. Especially if you want to cook some fat juicy steaks on your three burner grill. I'm not always fond of eating Mountain House freeze dried squirrel shit with noodles on every single camping trip. Most of us assumed no one would be trying to strap this to their back and plug it in their ass for power on a back country safari. :)

That was an AWESOME post:worship:!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ill type in and link all the gear i use for you guys wondering about how i do 5-15 days in the backcountry...
i just replaced my platypus gravity water filter because i got tired from changing filters every 1000 litres...
so i bought the best of the best 350 bucks.. but for lifetime 50000 litres...
Katadyn Pocket Water Filter

I use aquamira water drops. Easy and reliable, with no added taste.
http://aquamira.com/consumer/aquamira-water-treatment-drops/

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will start my Backpacking essential list off with a knife or knives. To me they are absolutely essential. I subscribe to the 3 is 2 is 1 theory on all my camping or hiking accessories.

First I carry a folder. This just happens to be the one I use at the present moment. A Kershaw Compound. Lightweight serrated edge for cutting paracord or grubs.
images

Second, a small lightweight fixed blade for pairing vegetables and stabbing squirrels. :evillol:

Kershaw-Skyline.jpg

Third another lightweight fixed blade for batoning wood, shaving wood for kindling and hunting ***** among other things. The Buck Hood/Punk.

images

Last edited: