Bed tent recommendations/experiences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here gone from a Tent Cot to a Roof Top tent?

I'm curious if it was really worth the extra cost or not?

Not giving up my kifaru. Maybe if in outback where poisonous snakes really mattered or grizzly country.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I've been going back and forth on this but haven't committed. Smittybilt's RTT is on sale for 679$ and has me thinking of testing the waters of a RTT. I've researched it and from what I can find it's the old ARB design and quality seems to be decent.

Some good info in this thread: Smittybilt RTT anyone seen one or use one - Expedition Portal

Smittybilt - Overlander Roof Top Tent | 4WheelParts.com

I find myself wanting one even though my cot tent works just fine haha.

jakehobbs

Reaction score
I thought I had posted in this thread before, but it must of been another "RTT" conversation.

Here is my setup. Poler, one of the brands I work for makes this model, but its identical to the footprint of the Tepui Kukenem. I have had it since the Spring and its gotten is fair share of use. I opted for the Thule bars to mount it to since they are telescoping and specifially because I can still fit my dirtbikes in the back. BEST SETUP!!!

Here are a few more, they were loading upside down when I put them all in one post.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 194
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 169
  • image17.jpg
    image17.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited by a moderator:

Aussiesvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I run a swag on a cot. Warm in winter (I've woken up with it covered in ice) and nice and cool in summer.

Almost every bloke who camps in oz runs a swag. Super easy to set up and completely convenient.

For the wife we use an OZtent. I can put it up drunk and pack it up hung over. It's great cause it only takes less than 30 seconds. We will be changing to the OZtent Jettent for space restrictions.

This is the swag
ceFw6Qm.jpg