Bed tent recommendations/experiences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AutoHome Roof Top Tents - Maggiolina, Columbus Variant, and OverLand

I was looking at these pretty hard. They are a lot like SLR's but have a hard cover on them.

425_Montana-9-06-1.jpg

Get ready to pony up some cash

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Get ready to pony up some cash

That is why the Ironman4x4 caught my eye. It is half the price of the EZ-Awns and comes with more features. It ships Monday so I will let you guys know how everything goes. Haven't fully decided on if I want to mount it over the bed or the roof.

doubledarrell

Reaction score
Why is that green one so expensive!?

Not sure why the timberline is $$$. Eureka claims to have sold over 1 million of them. I do know that it is very easy to set up. I'm fat & old and can do it in 5 mins top.

Did just see it on Amazon for $120.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is why the Ironman4x4 caught my eye. It is half the price of the EZ-Awns and comes with more features. It ships Monday so I will let you guys know how everything goes. Haven't fully decided on if I want to mount it over the bed or the roof.

For sure let us know! The main thing like you was which place to mount it.

Marine on Land

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why the timberline is $$$. Eureka claims to have sold over 1 million of them. I do know that it is very easy to set up. I'm fat & old and can do it in 5 mins top.

Did just see it on Amazon for $120.

That tent works ok, but it has aluminum tent poles, which in high winds has ZERO flex. They snap pretty easily. I stil have mine and use it for gear or as an extra tent. It is light and realitivly sturdy, but technology has left that design behind. As far as using it in your truck,....well....you will still need a good amount of padding and you would have to be short or put in a price of plywood. I mean a five' five" bed, even with the tailgate down, that is not going to work well. It is an A frame tent with no hard surface on the bottom. It does not rely on tension to push out the sides etc. it relays on the tent stakes to hold its form. Better to get a bivy sack and a good sleeping bag and roll under the truck. Heck if you are scrunching up just put up the seats in the back and sleep back there.

Last edited:

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the shipping company. Can't pick it up until 5p... Looks like its going on the 4Runner for the time being since it already has a rack ready to go. More info soon!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
haha, TG is always a good laugh!
There are some Aussie trailer setups that are no joke about the same as Hammond's setup.

Ordered the crossbar system for the bed today, should be here Friday! Went with a bolt on yet removable Yakima QTower setup.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
i should just buy a raptor as a vehicle and a home. just get one of these tent things and im set