Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Offroad Expeditions Forums > Destinations Tips HowTo's and Safety
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Destinations Tips HowTo's and Safety

Whiskey run/coos bay wagon road

This is a discussion on Whiskey run/coos bay wagon road within the Destinations Tips HowTo's and Safety forums, part of the Offroad Expeditions Forums category!
My favorite place to head out and play in the sand it's tucked away, far from main stream tourist attraction. ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jaytperry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Whiskey run/coos bay wagon road
My favorite place to head out and play in the sand it's tucked away, far from main stream tourist attraction. It's called whiskey run beach just north of bandon oregon, and South of seven devil's state park. You might find a few folks out kite surfing, playing with their jeeps/utvs. Plenty of things to do there if your not out to play in the sand. I've panned for gold there, collected rocks, sea shells, and if your lucky you might see a whale. We did that today had a blast, we then set off back to Roseburg oregon. But instead of taking the hiway, we took coos bay wagon road. From coquille we traveled down a curvy narrow road driving thru the small towns of fairfield, dora, and sitkum. Shortly after arriving in sitkum the road turns into a dirt road. This drive is so beautiful, I don't think my pictures are doing it justice. As you travel down this road you follow the east fork of the coquille river. Plenty of spots to pull off and admire the area. Maybe have a picnic. As you cross over the county line between coos county and douglas county the road turns back into pavement. Not a hard road to travel down but it does get narrow in certain areas. So watch out for other motorists. I think we past 5 trucks down the route. It's not terribly busy. It route itself isn't hard it's great if you just want to go for a family drive. But I wouldn't recommend the trial during the winter since it's not maintained and it does snow alot.
Attached Thumbnails
20170812_114933.jpg   20170812_144654.jpg   20170812_144921.jpg  

20170812_145351.jpg   20170812_152711.jpg  
Roscoe968 likes this.

jaytperry is offline   Reply With Quote