Tips on pulling cars (rescue) out of ditch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
:pics-****:

I was on what I call my morning "love run". I leave my phone at home and go get my coffee. Then I go for a 15-20 minute ride listening to the Sirius Love channel. It's my daily meditation. I can tell you Journey and Mariah Carey were on during the recovery. I was in the snow off a side road pull off, he had clipped a snow bank with his trailer and was just spinning. He tried to turn around in the lot and couldn't make it.

Popped it in 4lo, running start. I got that sucker moving on the 4-5 pulls. Horrible and risky method but it worked.

D

Deleted member 12951

I was on what I call my morning "love run". I leave my phone at home and go get my coffee. Then I go for a 15-20 minute ride listening to the Sirius Love channel. It's my daily meditation. I can tell you Journey and Mariah Carey were on during the recovery. I was in the snow off a side road pull off, he had clipped a snow bank with his trailer and was just spinning. He tried to turn around in the lot and couldn't make it.

Popped it in 4lo, running start. I got that sucker moving on the 4-5 pulls. Horrible and risky method but it worked.

:pics-****:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the best way to hook up a strap, no way for it to get hung up either. Use a socket extension, breaker bar, rolled up towel, etc.

bc-902_cc.jpg

Thanks for posting that up TreyPal - good recommendation!

https://www.google.com/search?q=rec...8JKTL2QX_-oCwBw&ved=0CEUQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=875

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

I was on what I call my morning "love run". I leave my phone at home and go get my coffee. Then I go for a 15-20 minute ride listening to the Sirius Love channel. It's my daily meditation. I can tell you Journey and Mariah Carey were on during the recovery.

If you were listening to the "Love Channel" don't you mean Mary Carey was on?

avalon-on-september-3-2008-in-hollywood-california.jpg

Rockafella

Reaction score
Call me gullable but I believe ya Birdman. Wearing some good work boots w/ vibram outsoles/bottoms, I once pushed a car into a different parking space w/ the doors locked, the car car in park and the owner gone as he was joy riding w/ some buddies. Did it right by me lonesome (although I'm no small guy still). Of course, the parking lot was covered in ice/black ice when we got there.

Makes you wonder why vibram doesn't make winter tires, lol

To the OP, I'd fill up on gas as well. Easy weight and traction aid. 36 gallons of gas comes in at approx. 220lbs. Every little bit of down force helping you get traction on a flat surface of ice is a bonus!

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the best way to hook up a strap, no way for it to get hung up either. Use a socket extension, breaker bar, rolled up towel, etc.

bc-902_cc.jpg

Can you explain why? Seems like a lot of extra complication and if something breaks more projectile material.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Can you explain why? Seems like a lot of extra complication and if something breaks more projectile material.

It's easy to pull back apart once the extraction is done. You can shorten the strap up if needed. Also allows you to connect a strap around an axle, frame, etc in a place where you couldn't get a shackle in.

Ever break a stick between your fingers? Does it go flying?