Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Offroad Expeditions Forums > Destinations Tips HowTo's and Safety
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Destinations Tips HowTo's and Safety

Raptor - Moab Project

This is a discussion on Raptor - Moab Project within the Destinations Tips HowTo's and Safety forums, part of the Offroad Expeditions Forums category!
I did Hell’s Revenge in my stock 2018 SCAB back in April. I scraped my trailer hitch about three times ...

User Tag List

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2018, 09:06 PM   #71 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I did Hell’s Revenge in my stock 2018 SCAB back in April. I scraped my trailer hitch about three times and my running boards one time. I did hire a guide in a Jeep for us to follow since my wife was with me and she would have freaked out on some of the fins if I didn’t have a vehicle and guide to follow that had done it a gazillion times. I’m kind of new to off roading in four wheel things and the wife isn’t an adrenalin junky like me.

That said…I had a great time!!!
Attached Thumbnails
hells-revenge.jpg  
smurfslayer likes this.

Last edited by JustBillin; 06-05-2018 at 09:24 PM.
JustBillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:24 AM   #72 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Originally Posted by roybot View Post
Hey everyone,
Reviving this long dead thread. Did this trip ever happen?

I'm going to Moab around July 15-22 2018. I will be driving my Raptor alone (2014 with RPG bumpstops, Deaver +3, Trophy front bumper, lights...prerunner rear bumper coming soon) I'll be doing as much fun shit as I can given I won't have the wife and the kids with me...i.e. mountain biking, rockclimbing, rafting, hiking...and of course offroading.

I am def a little worried about doing some of these trails alone in the middle of July. So far what I've come up with is the following:
-Hell's Revenge...I feel like I have to do at least part of it.
-White Rim Trail
-Moki Dugway Road

Anyways, if you guys have any tips for trails I should do or if anyone is around to join up for some or all let me know!
I did White Rim a few weeks ago in my 2017 quite easily. No issues with scraping or width. Great intermediate trail with a few steep sections, but nothing that challenges the Raptor. Can do it in a day, but it would be a long day. Better off getting a camping reservation and doing it in two days. It is a popular trail in the spring, not sure about July, but I doubt you would be alone.

My cousin did Hells Revenge in a stock Lariat. Lots of scraping bottom, but it was a rental so he didn't care. Raptor would do much better, but probably scrape the hitch in a few spots. HR is just outside of Moab, so you could walk to town if needed. But is is also the most popular Jeep trail in Moab, so you will see other people.
jaz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:22 AM   #73 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
We have not planned the ROC trip there yet. The one for pre running some trails was done. We still have a lot of not "rock" trails that need to be verified.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:50 PM   #74 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the responses guys. Will definitely try White Rim and will take your advice about camping for a night @jaz13.
@JustBillin would you feel comfortable recommending the jeep guide you hired for Hell's Revenge. Did you try Hell's Gate? Would love to give it a go...but only if I had someone with experience and who wasn't a cowboy there to spot me.
roybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:54 PM   #75 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by roybot View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. Will definitely try White Rim and will take your advice about camping for a night @jaz13.
@JustBillin would you feel comfortable recommending the jeep guide you hired for Hell's Revenge. Did you try Hell's Gate? Would love to give it a go...but only if I had someone with experience and who wasn't a cowboy there to spot me.
I didnít do Hellís Gate or the deep hot tubs. I mainly booked the Jeep Guide so my wife would feel more comfortable riding with me and I also didnít want to tear up my truck. I also thought if she really freaked out halfway through the trail, she could jump into the shotgun seat on the jeep for the scarier stuff since there would be an ďexpertĒ Hells Revenge driver at the wheel of the Jeep.

As a bigger truck driver it was nice to see the Jeep in front of me since I really couldnít view the path directly in front of my truck going up the fins unless I used the front camera. The dash cam screen shot was from a different perspective since it is mounted higher on the windshield.

I used Outlaw Jeep tours and they were a great outfit to deal with. The price is basically the same as if you were riding in their Jeep. If you can find another vehicle to tag along you could split the cost.
JustBillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:44 PM   #76 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks @JustBillin

I will def give Outlaw a call. Although I'm pretty sure I could do HR on my own (the easier parts) it will be a lot less stress and planning to just have someone to help me out and to spot me since I agree, getting tippy on a fin would be a little too much adventure for me..hahaha. Got to get home with me and my truck in one piece or my wife and kids will have my balls.

Anyone want to join me for half price?
roybot is offline   Reply With Quote