Personal Locator Beacon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sonoma

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Breitling is a luxury watch brand so it should be expensive.

I am going to order the ACR ResQ link. It fits my needs. And judging from the reviews here and elsewhere it is getting good responses from users.

I'm thinking having a clip or a mount put on the console in hands reach that could easily be unclipped and grabbed in hand asap would be the next step in this process.

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I ask how much you paid for this? Looking online, this appears to be a $15-18k watch! :mfr_omg:

I paid a little less, but I purchase many watches from my authorized dealer. PM me if you want his contact info, he can get you a great price on just about any high end watch.

OP
OP
sonoma

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Update:

I made the purchase on the ACR ResQLink Plus model.

* No subscription fee
* Simple emergency activator
* Registration allows for emergency contact center to call family and friends
* Two frequencies...406MHz for satellite emergency notification and 121MHz for homing beacon linking to emergency units.
* Unit floats in water
* Unlike the SPOT, it works in many other countries besides the States

So, hope that helps if anyone is interested.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask how much you paid for this? Looking online, this appears to be a $15-18k watch! :mfr_omg:

Just an fyi: there are several less expensive Breilting Emergency timepieces, closer to $7-8k. However, when purchasing the Breilting Emergency watch you are required to sign a fairly stringent agreement. Part of this agreement states "distress occurring exclusively in the context of aeronautical activities - by pilots or passengers of planes, helicopters, balloons, hot air ballooons, airships, gliders, hang-gliders, para-gliders, ultra light aircraft and by skydivers."