Off Road Tire Pressure Article...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Things are little different for us where speed is involved, but great info none the less! :waytogo:

The Lowdown, Off Road Tire Pressures

5.png

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the visual aid. The difference in size between the 15psi contact patch and the 40psi contact patch is HUGE. That graphic really puts the air-down traction benefits in perspective.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to do that a lot more than I do now because when I fill the tires back (no problem in the field with the compressor) up with nitrogen it is a pain to do.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMO nitrogen sucks have it in my van is corroding my valve stems and I can't adjust it don't like it and will never put it in aegean . now if you have a helium tank lets getRdone the darn thing will fly on tham jumps lol

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well you have other problems. Nitrogen is good because there is no moisture (no oxygen). Why do you think that it is used in aircraft tires?

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Can nitrogen really corrode valve stems?

No.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nitrogen is an inert gas; it can not do anything to anything.
Oxygen on the other hand is needed for corrosion.