Joshua Tree National Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joshua Tree National Park

Going this weekend

Tell me where to stay, where to go and what to do

Thanks in advance

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to live there when I was stationed in 29 palms. But I never camped or stayed anywhere. Grab a steak at the JT saloon. Decent food for JT. It's really not conducive to wheeling. Mostly biking and walking trails. Go hike the 2 natural springs hike. One is 3 miles round trip and the other is about 6 miles or so. Well worth it. Weather should be mild yet and very friendly. Stay in Yucca Valley or at the 29 Palms Inn, in 29 palms. Cool little area and restaraunt. Yucca Valley has a lot of hotels and only 5 min from the park. 29 palms is close too. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks MajorAR!
Staying in 29palms
Just looking to sightsee

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JTNP is, frankly speaking, not a good place for 4 wheeling, if that's what you're hoping for. You certainly can go wheeling/exploring. If you keep your expectations in check you'll enjoy it.

If you can, go to Anza-Borrego Desert State Park and Ocotillo Wells - they're about an hour-and-a-half away and there you'll find some of the best Raptor-land anywhere in the world.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
World class rock climbing too...if you are into that type of insanity.

There's also a nice restaraunt in 29 Palms called, The Bistro or 29 Bistro. Eat there!!! Great food and atmosphere, and I used bang, I mean know one of the hot bartenders there. ;). Haha!

So, check out 29 Palms inn and 29 Bistro for the best food. Might need reservations at Bistro.

Good luck and type up an AAR. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got into the Joshua Tree National Park around 1pm on Friday.
Ran Geology Trail all the way out of the park to Dillon rd. Went down Hwy 10 back into the park from the bottom and ran Pinkham Rd out of the park again.

Saturday talked the wife into going to Anza Borrego. Got there around 12. Ran some stuff on Truckhaven, found Palo Verde wash and then started having some fun. Went for over a hour on different washes averaging 40mph+. The Raptor was in its natural habitat. Startled a dirt bike guy on a KTM that thought he was going fast. Took him a while to see me behind him. He pulled over and we were long gone.
Ended up in the city of Borrego Springs and started back onroad for 29palms

Have some video from both parks. Will get them up soon

Pics below from Joshua Tree

Last edited: