If It's OUR Land The Govt Works for US Why Are They Closing Our Land?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was posted on another forum I frequent:

The BLM is considering land closures from the I-40 all the way to Parker!

What this means is your ability to use OHV's will be SEVERELY impacted. This is not a rumor, this is not some internet hoax, it's the real deal.

Please spend a minute and write a well written NON-HOSTILE letter to

[email protected] <------ THIS IS THE E-MAIL YOU NEED TO WRITE TO

and let them know you're thoughts on this. To date they have recieved only 500 e-mails.. In my mind that should be more like 5000 e-mails.

The basic information can be found here:

http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/tra...o/hav-tmp.html

You can click on the square box at the top to see proposed land closures.

On that note please feel free to call the Lake Havasu branch of BLM, please understand that the STAFF of the BLM office does NOT support this, but rather it would seem only one person does (Myron Mccoy is that person in case you are wondering)

Lake Havasu Field Office
2610 Sweetwater Avenue
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406-9071
Phone: (928) 505-1200
Fax: (928) 505-1208
E-mail: [email protected]
Field Manager: Ramone McCoy, Field Manager
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M-F

Myron Mccoy's direct e-mail and phone #:

Contact Myron McCoy at (928) 505-1216, or [email protected]

If you would like to talk to the person directly responsible please keep it civil.

He is proposing this to "preserve" the land for future generations.. The reality of it is if they close the land, then they have just made it so future generations can NOT use the land. Ironically enough they're pretty much doing the exact opposite of what they are proposing.

I absolutely encourage anyone to call, AND TO STOP BY THE OFFICE if you have a minute.

On that note, I called and spoke to Myron and it would seem he must have recieved some very hostile phone calls or something. One of the 1st things he said was "I'm not the devil, I don't have horns growing out of my head." I tried talking to him calmly, and I asked the simply question "Why" after fumbling around on words he said it was BLM's job to manage federal land, and it takes resources. I said there is nothing to "maintain" in the desert and financially it costs nothing.. So why close the land?

He said the converstion is over and hung up on me!

I will be stopping by the Lake Havasu BLM office on the thursday before the weekend of Sept 11th. If anyone would like to join me to get the straight scoop you are more then welcome to come along.