The Hunt for the Death Valley Germans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This article really heightens your sense of how the natural world is.
It can be very serene and peaceful, but still very dangerous.

It was a good read.

Last edited:

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I think always telling people where you are, radios, WATER (not just beer), emergency food, emergency shelter like a tarp, compass/map, flare gun, lighter, spare gas, spare tire(s), knowing when not to keep going down a road, leaving enough time to offroad without pressure of catching a flight or rushing the event, etc. are all valuable lessons I learned from this story. Desert is no joke, either is any remote area.

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great story! Thanks so much for sharing!

Reminded me much of a French family we found stranded with a dead mini van down in Titus canyon. I took my kids this August to Sequoia National Park, via Death Valley when we found a totally distressed family of 5 with 3 little kids with a broken front axle after the guy drove for most of Titus canyon with a flat tire. Rental car had a spare but no tools.

Funny thing is later on that same trip we had to rescue another minivan in Sequoia - bottomed out on a tree stump and both front wheels in the air...

Last edited:

CA Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very Interesting !! I find it very strange though that with all the hands and experience in the search that the Germans were never found in a quicker time frame. Just my ten cents.. Good read.. Thanks

intencity

Reaction score
Good read, its interesting the kids were never found. I wonder how far they got before secoming to the environment.

Death Valley run anyone?