Helmet Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Do you do any drag or road racing? If so, be sure to look for Snell SA2010 rating, which a motorcycle helmet will NOT meet.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a local Cycle Gear? Stop by and try on several to make sure you get the fit right. Pick one too tight, even by a little bit, and you'll end up with headaches.

In terms of style, I run with an "open face" SNELL SA2010 rated helmet (overkill maybe for inside the truck use, but I don't like to mess around when it comes to my brain cases. Also the track/event will usually give you a required rating too, so be sure to check that.) Much like one of these from Summit: RaceQuip SA2010 Open Face Helmets - SummitRacing.com

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good discussion. I am looking for a helmet too. Needs to be Snell SA2010 rated.

Any suggestions on vendors or locations I can look at?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I would recommend trying helmets on in person, if possible. Some of the motorcycle helmets may have a similar fit to the same manufacturer's automotive helmets. Fit can also be different from brand to brand.

Good discussion. I am looking for a helmet too. Needs to be Snell SA2010 rated.

Any suggestions on vendors or locations I can look at?
Cycle Gear (I am pretty sure they are nationwide) has a lot of locations. Also, UPR.com has a good selection, good prices and a friendly return policy. Trey set up a deal with them last year.