engineer pass colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Anyone taken a Raptor on this trail engineer pass in Colorado? Have a friend who wants to head up there tomorrow. Is my Raptor to wide? Anything?

I'm literally up here now.

You will have no problem on engineer. Mineral creek road from there to ouray can be sketchy if it's raining.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Any tips? Need to knows? Advice? I'm not really worried jus curious only even been wheeling in New Mexico.

Are you planning on starting in lake city or ouray? Doing the alpine loop back to lake city or goin over engineer and heading back to ouray?

Really it's not tough. The trail from ouray to engineer can be a pain. Id air down to 30-35. Remember that uphill traffic has the right of way. Go slow. Have fun.

I'll be up here with 12 raptors. Maybe we will see ya!

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a 2 month,6000 mile dirt road offroad trip from bc to New Mexico following the continental divide,9 passes around telluride and rampart range area. The last few miles ofEngineers pass down to the highway is pretty rough and lots of rock. Probably better to go up than down.

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a 2 month,6000 mile dirt road offroad trip from bc to New Mexico following the continental divide,9 passes around telluride and rampart range area. The last few miles ofEngineers pass down to the highway is pretty rough and lots of rock. Probably better to go up than down.

Beadblaster, sounds like an awesome trip. I am heading to Telluride next week for a few days after dropping my son off for college in Durango. Ophir and Imogene Pass look fun. Black Bear looks a sketchy tight. The Alpine loop trails look fun, any recommendations that are drivable, not looking for ultra technical.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Beadblaster, sounds like an awesome trip. I am heading to Telluride next week for a few days after dropping my son off for college in Durango. Ophir and Imogene Pass look fun. Black Bear looks a sketchy tight. The Alpine loop trails look fun, any recommendations that are drivable, not looking for ultra technical.

Ophir is fun and easy. Imogene is spectacular but can be a little technical. I wouldn't do black bear.

Depending where you're headed from telluride you could do corkscrew California and cinnamon and end up in lake city.

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ophir is fun and easy. Imogene is spectacular but can be a little technical. I wouldn't do black bear.

Depending where you're headed from telluride you could do corkscrew California and cinnamon and end up in lake city.

Thanks Trey, I was looking at those over in the Alpine Loop area.