Driving from Colorado to California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want no fuss no muss take 80. 50 is speed trap-land.
80 has a speed trap, it's Elko, the speed limit changes to 65 and they mean it. Beyond that, Battle Mtn, and such aren't to bad. Rooms in Elko can get scarce, so if you plan on stopping there, make a reservation or plan on a flea bag.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if in a time crunch take 80 and speed. thats what i do. normally keep it around 90ish until i come to the nevada towns. i slow down for a little bit to pass through. 50 is a straighter shot, but im not sure as to whats there. last time i was on 50 was 20 years ago.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Noah is right you can run pretty fast on Hwy 80. I usually run 85 with little to worry about- just slow down a bit around towns. I have done 50 fairly recently, and it's not as fast- lots of little towns to slow you down. Plus on 50 you will be tempted to take some alternative routes, not good when you're solo.
Damn- if you were doing this about 3 weeks ago you could have stopped by Roc Fest.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Noah is right you can run pretty fast on Hwy 80. I usually run 85 with little to worry about- just slow down a bit around towns. I have done 50 fairly recently, and it's not as fast- lots of little towns to slow you down. Plus on 50 you will be tempted to take some alternative routes, not good when you're solo.
Damn- if you were doing this about 3 weeks ago you could have stopped by Roc Fest.
holy shit! i didnt know you speed.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Wish the raptor was available 3 weeks ago [emoji106]

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better late than never- good thing is you have time for mods before next season's runs start.