Black Hills South Dakota off-road trails. Need help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

windsor

Reaction score
I'm looking for anybdoy that has any info on the trails in the Black Hills. I see there are lots of trails, but was wondering which are the good ones to take. Plus which trails the raptor can fit. I'm planning on a vaction to the Black Hills. Any help or info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bhplumber

Reaction score
Trails

We live in Hill City in the middle of the Black Hills. Im not sure what type of wheeling you are looking to do but you could contact bh4wheelers.com for info. There are some more difficult trails out of the Deadwood area. Mostly rock crawling. I have not had my Raptor on these trails. There are numerous Forest service roads with trails off them in the Hill City area. I believe you can also get a map from the Forest service. Dakotacruisers is a local Toyota group that may also help you out. You could check out the Badlands for more desert style wheeling. When are you thinking of coming out? You can email me if you need more info (lodging, places to see, etc) @[email protected]. I hope its OK to this info.

OP
OP
windsor

windsor

Reaction score
I'm planning on be out there in a couple weeks. We are staying in custer. I do have the trail maps for the black hills, but there are a ton of trails. One guy I talked to suggested hat mountain, which he highlighted on my map. Another guy suggested indian creek by the badlands. To many trails to pick from. I will just have to pick one and go for it. I took my family to fort pierre national grass land. Was nothing out there but grass, but was alot of fun. Got the raptor up to 75mph and possible some air. I guess I'm not into rock crawling yet. Thank you for the info. I'm not sure how many raptors are in the area, but it would be cool to get a south dakota raptor run going. Like the texas raptor run. That looked like fun.

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me know what you find out I will be back to rapid in a few Weeks I work in the oil field of ND but live in rapid. I would like to try my raptor on some trails as well

OP
OP
windsor

windsor

Reaction score
Just an update, I contacted Dakotacruisers and bh4wheelers.com. With no response. Dakota jeeps responed, but wanted more info on what kind of trails I am looking for. He did mention alot of the trails are good, but he is worried about the width of the raptor not "fitting" on the trails? Have not heard back on the second response. I will be out there next week for the family vacation. Nothing else I'm just going to wing it!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
one thing about the black hills is the scenery so might be a bit slower pace but to get together with other raptor owners is what's the cool part talking in person about mods and the truck only raptor owners really know what a raptor can do unless some one has had a ride in one or drove one.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing you drive through Buffalo when you go home, Ironside? That's my hometown. I live in Dickinson now. Lived in Rapid and Spearfish several years ago.

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I'm guessing you drive through Buffalo when you go home, Ironside? That's my hometown. I live in Dickinson now. Lived in Rapid and Spearfish several years ago.

Sometimes lately I have been going through Dickinson and going South on 22 and then on 79 in sd and bipassing Buffalo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2