Any offroading in the midwest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

litsnsirn

Reaction score
Hi,
Before I decided to go ahead and order a truck, I was wondering if there were any areas to go offroading within driving distance of the the Chicago area? When I had my Jeep, I used to go down to the Badlands in Attica, IN, but I don't know if there are trails there that are appropriate for a full size truck.
Any suggestions?
TIA
Jason

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Before I decided to go ahead and order a truck, I was wondering if there were any areas to go offroading within driving distance of the the Chicago area? When I had my Jeep, I used to go down to the Badlands in Attica, IN, but I don't know if there are trails there that are appropriate for a full size truck.
Any suggestions?
TIA
Jason

The SnoBall 500 is definitely worth checking out and through out 2013 & 2014 there should be some other midwestern offroading events tailored for Raptor owners. More announcements will follow the SnoBall.
Mark

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i am in subs of chicago and there are a few places to go nothing great big open spots but there is silver lake sand dunes like they say insane terrain another spot you know about bad lands there are a few spots in there you can make

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or you can drive all the way to Detroit. Motor city capital of the world and they can't build a road for shit. Gotta be pretty close to driving off road but without ever leaving the pavement. That's why I got one. Otherwise I would got a '13 Shelby or '13 Boss 302 Laguna.