WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the expeditions, I usually would plan for NO MORE than 160 miles between fuel stops... even at that, some Scabs would be on fumes in a few instances.

Keep in mind, if there's snow and ice there will be lots of wheel spin... so your actual distance travelled becomes much shorter than that! If you would normally run out at 160-180 miles on dirt, then on low-traction surfaces you're probably looking at 150-170 miles.

Last edited:

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good point there blue i think a lot of people will be running low on fuel. But we will see what happens. When wiz runs out of fuel you are more than welcome to jump in my truck i have 36 gallons haha. And you know how he drives to the floor all the time.

OP
OP
Kanakry

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
good point there blue i think a lot of people will be running low on fuel. But we will see what happens. When wiz runs out of fuel you are more than welcome to jump in my truck i have 36 gallons haha. And you know how he drives to the floor all the time.

:rondod:

Where did anyone see that we are trying to go 250 miles on a tank of gas?

I would wait for the Route information to come out before jumping to any conclusions.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give or take

Day 1: 245 miles
Day 2: 289 Miles

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

The Munising/GM area is a whole different story than the rest of the UP. Theres a reason we arn't going that way.

this trip could end up as the greatest UP run ever or depending on the snow cover it could be the most memorable! ha ha ha I am ready for whatever I started driving up there when I was 12 and have many thousands of miles snowpacking for Ford up and down H58 during major storms following a lead truck at 30-50mph, 10ft off their bumper testing throttle linkage snow packing... Its gonna be a adventure for sure!!! lol

brd o pry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I averaged about 8.5mpg on the landrush but I'm boosted with big injectors and a heavy foot. I get 17 hwy 14 combined in a s-cab. Even at 8 miles per gal a s-cab will still go over 200 on a tank. Should not be a problem with the number of stations on the route, I plan on marking all fuel stations on GPS during prerun.

OP
OP
Kanakry

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I averaged about 8.5mpg on the landrush but I'm boosted with big injectors and a heavy foot. I get 17 hwy 14 combined in a s-cab. Even at 8 miles per gal a s-cab will still go over 200 on a tank. Should not be a problem with the number of stations on the route, I plan on marking all fuel stations on GPS during prerun.

X2

:rocking:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gordon and I average 6.5 this weekend, on the "Toys for Tots" run... LOL!!

I usually figure on 7-MPG when estimating distance between stops. That's usually what the fast guys on our runs can figure on averaging.

When your throttle is used more like an on/off toggle switch, than a linear pedal... your mileage definitely suffers, haha.

Looking forward to seeing the planned route. Is it not finalized yet?

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I usually figure on 7-MPG when estimating distance between stops. That's usually what the fast guys on our runs can figure on averaging.

When your throttle is used more like an on/off toggle switch, than a linear pedal... your mileage definitely suffers, haha.

We're pre-running in a few weeks to finalize the route, have a to have a good base snow to do it properly since the snow itself can turn a relatively easy trail/road into technical & logistical nightmare. We're also taking additional time to do it and possibly do a second run through the finalized route before the actual run.

Mark

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I seen no better then 7 when I ran with you guy's out west..
We're pre-running in a few weeks to finalize the route, have a to have a good base snow to do it properly since the snow itself can turn a relatively easy trail/road into technical & logistical nightmare. We're also taking additional time to do it and possibly do a second run through the finalized route before the actual run.

Mark
So there will be a up load available for everyone running a GPS..??