What would it take for YOU to... (3 questions for you)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
drive to Southern California...

to go off roading on some of the finest trails and washes in the world?

For those of you who've never been able to take your Raptor off roading here in Southern California, I have 3 questions for you...

1. How far away from HERE are you? (Use this link to Google maps, click on "get directions," enter your address and tell me:

* How many miles away you are:

* How many hours drive is it:

2. What would it take for you to come to SoCal in your Raptor? (other than free gas :signs8: )

Imagine doing a road trip with other Raptors from your area, driving to SoCal to hit up some awesome trails and desert washes (Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, Ocotillo Wells, Glamis, etc., etc.) and also being able to meet up with the SoCal folks and even visiting a Raptor vendor while you're here (it's not difficult to imagine having some mods done while you're here).

3. If you were going to come out to SoCal, when / what time of year (month) would be best for you? Considering driving weather, work, time off and weather here in SoCal, etc.)

To entice you...

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im already here, but I think I know where this is leading and I like it!

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Winter begins next month but OUR DESERT SEASON STARTS TONIGHT

For those of you unfamiliar with the "seasons" we have here in the Southwestern United States...

Our DESERT SEASON starts TONIGHT (Thanksgiving weekend every year).

Tens of thousands of folks are packing up now getting their trucks, trailers, and off road vehicles ready to hit the road and start...

BURNING UP THE SAND

If you haven't been you need to.

Here's a teaser from a Raptor perspective (in terms of "Raptor history" this is an ancient video taken in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park)...

CLICK HERE - Raptor Rooster Tail

D

Deleted member 12951

1. 1521 Miles / 22.5 hrs - Non-stop no-sleep according to Google.
2. Free gas? Seriously? This is a joke, right? :hahano:
Actually was thinking of going out that way anyways for vacation and attend either VORE or Raptor Assault considering I am a newbie when it comes to what the Raptor is capable of.
3. June - Sept (should have my Raptor by then)

What if your Raptor is bone stock? Or does it need modification and two spares? And looking at the pictures, an extra drive shaft....:emotions33:

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. 1521 Miles / 22.5 hrs - Non-stop no-sleep according to Google.
2. Free gas? Seriously? This is a joke, right? :hahano:
Actually was thinking of going out that way anyways for vacation and attend either VORE or Raptor Assault considering I am a newbie when it comes to what the Raptor is capable of.

Right there with you. 2100 miles and 32hrs for me.
Norfolk & Waypal.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. 2,784 km or 1729mi, 25 hours

2.Not much so want to come down for a run and check out some of the vendors.

3.Have kids so it would be nice if it was during summer break so it could be a family thing as my Wife and boys love to go off roading.

D

Deleted member 12951

1. 2,784 km or 1729mi, 25 hours

2.Not much so want to come down for a run and check out some of the vendors.

3.Have kids so it would be nice if it was during summer break so it could be a family thing as my Wife and boys love to go off roading.

Love your avatar! Thought in Canada you folks would have a ton of off-road places to go, no?

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me it does not take much to entice me to come down. I am there on the average of every six weeks for a run or other event. Takes anywhere from 6-8 hours depending on where we are starting from.
I am leaving at 0500 tomorrow morning for dinner with friends and then we are going to Death Valley Friday and Saturday. I have found for me if I am heading back down in a short period of time, its quicker and faster to fly. So I am leaving my truck and will fly back down for the Toy Run on the 14th.
For those of you looking for the best place to try out your Raptor, you should try to make it down there.