TRR: Rogue Racing Baja Raptor Run May 1-7 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Date is set for the Baja Raptor Run 16. It's going to be May 1-7! I've always wanted to go way down Baja with a Raptor Run, and I've decided that it's time. The peninsula only gets better the further south you go, and I am excited to take a group down to experience what I love so much.

This Baja Raptor trip will go further south than any other public Raptor run in Baja. Over 1000 miles of dirt stretched out over a week in what I think is the greatest place in the world.

Participants.

1. Andrew S. @ajstar89
2. Alan P. @ISFast
3. Art M.
4. Hayden S.
5. Fred M.
6. Stephen H.
7. Trek K.
8. Matt A.
9. Rick F. @RDFTS
10. Tom G.

Alternates
A1. Jon B. @2014RubyRed
A2. Chris M. (Riverrat?)
A3. Chris I.
A4. Nathan S. @upscrazy8
A5. Rich L.

• Route will cover Raptor friendly dirt that even a lightly modified Raptor can handle. Some of my favorite trails in Baja.
  • We will have on HWY chase with a trailer for recovery and repairs.
  • The crew has over 50 years of combined Baja experience.
  • Embedded photographer and videographer documenting the entire trip.
  • Lodging will be pre-arranged but not included.
  • Lunch included (Sandwiches)

Trip Schedule:
  • Sunday May 1: Cross at Tecate Mexico. Take Compadre Trail to hwy 3, Treypal will wave at his boulder and not hit it this time. Cross hwy, take diablo lake bed into San Felipe. Spend evening eating tacos and looking over the trucks.
  • Monday May 2: HWY 5 south to Coco's Corner. Frog Canyon into Bay of LA. More tacos and scenic views of the Sea of Cortez.
  • Tuesday May 3: Bay of LA to San Ignacio. Stop at Bone Beach for lunch and visit to Locos Mocos hidden memorial. Then hit some of the best Raptor roads in Baja on our way to Rice and Beans in San Ignacio for their famous margaritas and Mexico 3 star lodging.
  • Wed May 4: Take coast road out of San Ignacio to El Datil and the flats past, more high speed running, cross over and end day in Loreto.
  • Thurs May 5: Relax day. Day trip to Auga Verde, some of the prettiest beaches in Baja, or stay in town and relax. Stay in Loreto again.
  • Friday May 6: Begin trip north. Leave Loreto through San Javier and visit the mission. Visit Scorpion bay. Stay in Bay of LA.
  • Saturday May 7: HWY day to US border, crossing in Tecate or Mexicali depending on where home is.

We are opening this up to 10 Raptors. We will have 3 on trail support/guides and 1 HWY chase with a trailer, welders, tools, parts, window washing.

Rough idea on required gear.
  • Mounted 50W VHF radio capable of TX on 151.775 (not handheld)
  • Lowrance GPS
  • Replacement parts for aftermarket stuff (300M pins for control arms, etc...)
  • Small Raptor tool kit
  • Salt Shaker
  • Good Attitude, willingness to go with the flow.
  • Aftermarket lighting
  • Cooler (drinks, and to assist with transporting lunch)
  • Good method to secure everything (subject to inspection by BRR staff)

Cost: $1700 per truck and 2 passengers. Additional passengers just pay for shirts and hats (if desired).

Click here to register

Estimated additional expenses
  • ~$40 per bed per night. Loreto may be closer to $100 per room but it's a very nice hotel.
  • 250-300 miles per day. Fuel is roughly $3.50 in mexico. I get around 6 mpg in Baja.
  • Breakfast averages $7 per person, dinner $15
  • Ice and drinks ~$20 per day
  • Mexico Insurance $200-$300 (should be noted that they will not cover modifications only book value).

Our Awesome Sponsors:
Rogue Racing
Nitto Tire: The Official Tire of BRR
806 Desert Customs
Baja Designs
Locos Mocos

Last edited:

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This would be awesome but man, that would be a cruise to get there.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
This would be awesome but man, that would be a cruise to get there.

No doubt the drive home sucks. I've done it every November for 8 years, but I keep going back for more.

As soon as I get race schedules we will set dates so everyone that's interested has time to plan. Other details that have to be sorted include all inclusive(hotels, not dinners or alcohol) or not. Either way we will have the major details sorted soon.

This is a family friendly trip too. I plan on bringing my kid who will be just a little over 1 when we go.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt the drive home sucks. I've done it every November for 8 years, but I keep going back for more.

As soon as I get race schedules we will set dates so everyone that's interested has time to plan. Other details that have to be sorted include all inclusive(hotels, not dinners or alcohol) or not. Either way we will have the major details sorted soon.

This is a family friendly trip too. I plan on bringing my kid who will be just a little over 1 when we go.

Well, you can count me as interested then! I'll drag a few friends in and make it a roadtrip.

D

Deleted member 17706

Yea this is something I'm definitely wanting to do... Better start preparing!