TRR: RaptorX Jan 20-22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
After taking a year off from Raptor X, it’s returning in 2017 in a brand new location. Raptor X will be held at the Rally Ranch in Dale TX. The Rally Ranch owned by Dave Carapetyan is the home to the Rally Ready driving school. Only 40 minutes from the state’s capitol, the Rally Ranch features a 3-mile loop that’s perfect for time trials. It combines the best of rally and Raptor, with a blazing fast rally section, and a technical “woods” section (don’t worry, it’s plenty wide!). This is definitely the best TRR track to date!

Raptor X is a time trials event where one truck at a time will drive the 3 mile loop competing for the fastest time. There will be three classes. Stock, Mod, and Unlimited. Stock trucks retaining 35s, and stock shocks. Mod for trucks with 37s and or 3.0 shocks, and Unlimited for trucks with long travel, bypass shocks up front, 18″ rear shocks, etc.

Where: Rally Ranch, Dale TX
When: Jan 20-22
Cost: $400 per truck, $25 transponder rental.
Cap: 40 Trucks
Register: HERE
What’s Included: Event Placards, 2 event shirts, driver bag, winner prizes, and payouts.
Camping: Campers and tent camping ok, dry camping only.

Classes-

Stock: 35s, factory shocks, bump stops OK.

Mod: 37s, 3.0s, Supercharger.

Unlimited: Shocks 3.5+, 18″ travel rear, bypasses up front

Last edited:

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trey, it'll be my first time that I'm at TRR (super excited) and I won't be getting there till Friday. My question is, will I be able to pre run the course Friday since I'm new to the off road scene? I don't want to get ran over lol (I'll be getting out the way of pros). I went to a HARO event this past weekend and sorta talked about it that day

Last edited:

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TRR has built a brand new short course track 45 minutes from Austin at the Rally Ranch in Dale TX. This 5 mile track is smooth and fun with terrain similar to the MGI track in Gause. We will have open runs and a RaptorX time trial event. The ranch has a great pit/camp/spectator area, and may offer RV hookups by the time the event rolls around.

Event details will come out soon, but this is what it's looking like.

Date: Late September
Where: Rally Ranch, Dale TX
Cost: TBD. <$300 for 2 full days (RaptorX entry may be more)
Truck Cap: 50

couldn't be 45 minutes *north* of Austin could it...

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trey, it'll be my first time that I'm at TRR (super excited) and I won't be getting there till Friday. My question is, will I be able to pre run the course Friday since I'm new to the off road scene? I don't want to get ran over lol (I'll be getting out the way of pros). I went to a HARO event this past weekend and sorta talked about it that day

You'll be fine. They spread the trucks out, and if you see someone coming up on you, you just pull over and let them pass.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Since this track is so short there will probably only be 4-5 raptors on the track at one time. If you're referring to TRR Houston Raptor is right. Don't worry about what other people are doing just go at your own pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since this track is so short there will probably only be 4-5 raptors on the track at one time. If you're referring to TRR Houston Raptor is right. Don't worry about what other people are doing just go at your own pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is awesome. I was hoping to do three events this year so was looking out of state. So another one in Texas is even better.