TRR and Rally Ready Team up to bring you Raptor Ready Driving School

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
logo.png

TRR has teamed up with Rally Ready Driving School out of Austin, Texas to provide TRR attendees with a unique opportunity for professional driving instruction, tailor made for Raptors. The half day classes will work with Raptor owners on a variety of skills aimed at developing confidence, consistency, and most importantly speed. The best part is, the lessons will take place in your own Raptor, you can't get more personalized instruction than that.

The Raptor Ready Driving School will take place on it's own track during TRR, so there will be no interruption from TRR attendees and vice versa, and it will feature a variety of terrain from pavement to tabletops. TRR and Rally Ready staff worked hard to come up with a track that will cover most of the terrain that a typical Raptor owner will run across.

Each class will start with a brief classroom session where 3-time Pikes Peak champion and Rally Ready owner Dave Carapetyan will discuss the basic concept of rally, off-road, and road racing and how the three will be combined for this special event. After the classroom, drivers will hop in their truck to begin lessons. The first, a left-foot braking lesson, will focus on becoming comfortable with using your left foot on the brakes and find the traction limit on dirt. The skidpad and figure 8 exercises are next where drivers will focus on balancing the truck between understeer and oversteer linking together corners with large weight transfers. The last lesson will be on the high speed slalom where drivers will refine their comfort level sliding the truck left and right between a series of cones. The day will finish with 5 laps around the specially-designed Raptor Ready track that will tie all of your new skills together while having both coaching and rally-style co-driving from your instructor.

Pricing for this unique class is $400 for a half day session. This includes an exclusive T Shirt and completion plaque. More information about Rally Ready and sign up for this special event is available by visiting www.rallyready.com or calling Rally Ready directly at 512-394-3652.

D

Deleted member 12951

@treypal,

What is the limit of amount of trucks they will take?
What time is the first class on Thursday?
Will it run when dark? Or what times will it be from and to?
Will it be running on Sunday if it has overflow?

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@treypal,

I signed up earlier and saw Thursday 1-5, Friday 8-12 and 1-5 and Saturday 8-12 and 1-5. After signing up I went back to the site and saw that it said 9 more spots available. No idea how many they started with.

D

Deleted member 12951

I signed up earlier and saw Thursday 1-5, Friday 8-12 and 1-5 and Saturday 8-12 and 1-5. After signing up I went back to the site and saw that it said 9 more spots available. No idea how many they started with.

Well I was dumb, didn't click that link. Well that answers 2-3 of the questions.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
@treypal,

40 trucks total. 8 spots per session.

Dave really knows his stuff, and I am excited to have him be a part of TRR.

There will be more great things coming from the partnership, with the possibility of using his property for an event. RaptorX anyone?