Trr camping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnum PI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a new be to camping but at the same time I don't have any experience camping in Texas. It's kind of a no brainier to the basics but what are some of the things that you were happy that you brought. That you might of had not brought otherwise. Or what are the things that you wish you had brought and didin't but you're going to bring this time around. What's the weather like in April during the day and night? Ahead of time thnx for any input and hopefully this thread will help any other first timers and members. See you guys soon.

D

Deleted member 12951

Haven't been myself but we are bringing two queen air mattresses, two of us in a 8 person tent with sleeping bags. I heard make sure it's waterproof. We are also bringing a small generator and a grill plus the normal camping stuff. Bring water/sandals as I heard you definitely don't want to be barefoot in the shower......
I am curious how the hot water holds up or should cold showers be the norm, gosh I hope not.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Weather could be 95 or it could be 30. In the past two TRRs we've seen both.

The wind can get crazy too so make sure your tent is well secured.

Baby wipes are always a good thing to bring.

The showers seem to hold up with hot water, my suggestion is to get in late at night. It's a weekend in the dirt, guys out west would kill for a shower every night...

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the weather like in texas in April? It can be 30 degrees one day and 90 degrees the next.

Pack a warm set of clothes and a couple of tshirts and shorts. You'll be fine.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weather could be 95 or it could be 30. In the past two TRRs we've seen both.

The wind can get crazy too so make sure your tent is well secured.

Baby wipes are always a good thing to bring.

The showers seem to hold up with hot water, my suggestion is to get in late at night. It's a weekend in the dirt, guys out west would kill for a shower every night...
hey, not all of us you know. my wife forces me to take a shower.......