Texas Raptor Run April 13-15 Lodging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like the Title says, but wanted to know where most people are going to be staying at if they don't plan on camping? I think we were planning on staying at a hotel. Looks like the Hotels in Sweetwater are close to the track than Abilene by 10 miles or so one way. From those in Sweetwater looks like the Hotels on HWY 20 or the south end of town look pretty good. Thinking about La Quinta Inn . I think it would be nice for the people who won't stay all night at the track to maybe gather at one hotel location for evening events and maybe shenanigans! Just a thought and I could be totally wrong with most people staying at the track and I will be the only one at a hotel.

I will have stuff than I plan on leaving at the hotel during the day so it won't get beat up or become a projectile in the truck.

Abilene has more to offer but I don't think we will have time for that.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Like the Title says, but wanted to know where most people are going to be staying at if they don't plan on camping? I think we were planning on staying at a hotel. Looks like the Hotels in Sweetwater are close to the track than Abilene by 10 miles or so one way. From those in Sweetwater looks like the Hotels on HWY 20 or the south end of town look pretty good. Thinking about La Quinta Inn . I think it would be nice for the people who won't stay all night at the track to maybe gather at one hotel location for evening events and maybe shenanigans! Just a thought and I could be totally wrong with most people staying at the track and I will be the only one at a hotel.

I will have stuff than I plan on leaving at the hotel during the day so it won't get beat up or become a projectile in the truck.

Abilene has more to offer but I don't think we will have time for that.

I think almost everyone is staying at the ranch. A lot of tents and a few trailers and rvs.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 012BLUESVT View Post
Trey,
When can "Tent City" get set up? Are we able to start camping Thursday night at the ranch?

No, sorry. Gates won't open until noon on Friday, the insurance doesn't cover Thursday.

To those who plan on camping. Where are you planning on camping / tenting Thursday night? Are there any grounds close? :signs1:
:gathering: