Texas Raptor Run April 13-15 Info Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I created this thread strictly for information about the Texas Raptor Run. Birdman is going to lock and sticky it as well.

When: April 13-15. Track will be open Saturday 8 AM - 10 PM, and Sunday 8 AM - 5 PM. There is a possibility it will be open Friday, depending on how long it takes to mark the track.

Where: Texana Ranch outside of Bronte Texas. If you google maps Texana Ranch it will actually come up
Google Map of the Ranch

Cost: $100 for the weekend plus a $10 grounds fee. $25 for a 30 amp hookup and $40 for a 50 amp. Camping is free.

Raffle: The tickets are $20 each. Raffle items: a RPG Tierod set and a 20 Quart Yeti. Proceeds going to Front Line to Finish Line.

What to bring: A Raptor, Helmet, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, a way to secure everything in your truck. Food and beverages for the weekend. (Possibility of a BBQ cater Saturday afternoon). See detailed list below.

How to register: Please Register online Raptor Run Registration

T Shirts will be available at the run for $15, please include your shirt sizes on the registration page if interested

For More Information Feel Free To Contact Me.
Trey Palreiro​
FAQ:
Q: Do I need to mod my Raptor up to make this run (Bump Stops, etc...)?
A: No, a stock Raptor can handle this course just fine, as long as you have some wits and don't drive beyond your limits and the truck's limits.

Q: I've never driven off road before, and I don't want to get nailed by a faster driver since I will be going slow.
A: We are going to break the group into skill levels, faster guys will go first and down the line, so if you're new to this you will be able to take your time and get a feel for driving off road.

Q: Will there be other vehicles or race cars on the track this weekend?
A: No, the track is completely reserved for the Raptor run.

Q: Do I need a GPS or VHF radio?
A: No, but they do come in handy. I suggest PCI Race Radios for both, they have chase radio setups with a mag mount antenna. PCI Race Radios

Q: Is there a registration form I need to fill out?
A: No, all forms will be filled out at the ranch.

I'll keep adding to this post as more develops, but this is what I have so far. We should have a printable flier out soon so you can tag other Raptors to try to get them to go, RPG is putting together some cool stuff as well, and there is a possibility of some other Raptor shops coming out...

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Places To Stay.

Mc Whorter's Live Oak Lodge
143 Sweet Road, Blackwell, TX 79506-3013
(325) 282-3071 ‎

Country Inn in Bronte (10 Miles Away)
Country Inn
201 S. State. St.
Bronte, TX 76933
(325) 473-3911

Sweetwater has a lot to offer and its 35 miles away.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Suggested Gear
For this track, since its a loop, with cell coverage, and auto parts stores nearby. I don't think you will really need much.

Required Gear

1. A DOT approved helmet for every one in your Raptor.
2. Fire Extinguisher and a way to mount it.
3. First Aid Kit
4. Tow Strap

Suggested Gear
1. Extra Spare Tire
1.1 Tire Plug Kit
2. Spare fluids
3. Shovel
4. Lowrance GPS
5. VHF Radio
6. Misc. Spare nuts and bolts
7. Fan Belt
8. A way to secure everything. (This one is important)

The course will be marked so a GPS wont be required, but it helps to know whats coming up. VHF Radios make it fun to talk to everyone, and helps with calling out stops, etc...

TRACK RULES AND DRIVER CLASSES
I met with the Ranch Owner, Ranch Manager, and my counterpart at BRT this weekend. We have established the following rules.

. Helmet on at all times while on the track.

. 100% Sober Driving.

· Alcohol consumption will not be tolerated on trails or any time you are driving. Passengers may not drink on trails. There is no warning--first offense gets you removed.

· Illegal drug use will not be tolerated any time during the event. There is no warning--first offense gets you removed.

· No glass containers allowed outside of camp.

· No discharging of firearms without permission.

· Don't tailgate - slow down to stay just outside of the driver ahead's dust.

· Stop or check on people pulled off on the trail.

· Call in any damage to the ranch immediately.

· No UTVs, etc on the trail.

· 15mph in the pits.

. 25mph on the caliche roads even if they are part of the track.

· No littering.

· No ground fires. Coke County is in a burn ban.

· No smoking on the trails.

· Know the limitations of yourself and your vehicle

· Buckle up!

· Use common sense

· No whiners!

· We are not responsible for you during this event.

· Stay on existing marked trails - NO TRAIL BLAZING.

. Keep radio chatter off of the main event frequency which is 151.625 mHz.

. The Items required to drive your Raptor on the run are.
1. DOT Helmet
2. First Aid Kit
3. Fire extinguisher
4. Tow Strap
5. Method of communication (cell phone is fine).
6. Method to secure all items taken on the trail.

. Anyone under 18 must have parental supervision.

. Everyone coming to the event will be considered a participant and will be required to sign a release. Under 18 requires parental consent.

Driver Classification: Drivers will be required to classify themselves based on their driving experience and the capabilities of their Raptor.
No one should feel embarrised and classify themselves higher than their actual skill level, this isn't a race, we just want everyone to travel in groups at similar speeds.

Group C: Beginners with little to no off-road experience. No passing, 60 MPH speed limit. Spaced 1 minute apart. Max 15 Raptors per heat.
Group B: Beginners with some sort of advanced driving experience but little off-road experience. No passing. 70 MPH speed limit. spaced 1 minute apart. Max 15 Raptors per heat.
Group A: Experienced drivers with off-road, cornering, and high speed passing experience. Passing allowed, no speed limit, spaced 1 minute apart. Max 15 Raptors per heat
Group U: Heavily modified Raptors: Highly Experienced drivers. Passing allowed, no speed limit, spaced 1 minute apart. Max 15 Raptors per heat.

All Rules are subject to change.

A Contact list will be provided in your driver's packet. The shooting range will be available, but when the range is live the track will be closed, so we will most likely save this until Sunday.

A few helmets will be available for sale at the track.

For more information, pictures, video and discussion go here:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f113/texas-raptor-run-april-13-15-a-9476/

Schedule
Friday: Gates open at 12 PM
Registration 12-5 PM
Early Drivers meeting 3 PM
Track open, 3-10 PM

Saturday: Registration 7-12
Drivers Meeting 8 AM
Track open 8:30 AM - 10 PM

Sunday: Track open 8 AM - 3 PM

GPS File
Here is the link to the GPS file:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f113/texas-raptor-run-gps-file-12706/

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
A few more notes.

The shooting range will be open for a few hours, if you are interested feel free to bring firearms. Safe gun practices will be in place or you will be asked to leave the range. Rumor has it there is a 1 mile target for you 50 cal guys.

Registration will start Friday afternoon, we will have an early drivers meeting for those who want to get on the track Friday. A mandatory drivers meeting will be held Saturday morning before anyone is allowed on the track.

BBQ dinner will be Saturday evening, this will be the only meal that you can buy on the ranch. Come prepared, there are no provided cooking surfaces.

Feel free to bring mountain bikes, there are some trails and a small obstacle park.

UTVs will be allowed in the pits only.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Added schedule:
Friday: Gates open at 12 PM
Registration 12-5 PM
Early Drivers meeting 3 PM
Track open, 3-10 PM

Saturday: Registration 7-12
Drivers Meeting 8 AM
Track open 8:30 AM - 10 PM