SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're thinking about attending this year's SnoBall if things like up correctly.

What are some things I need for the run itself?

I currently have stock tires, will they be good enough or do I need new tires?

Radio? Helmet? Extra gear (required or suggested)?

Hidden costs? Approximately how much did the trip cost between food, lodging, gas and extras?

Spare tire mounted in bed. Can I just strap it down or do I have to make a race rack?

Gas cans?

Miscellaneous suggestions?

Thanks!

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the one this year with a stock truck. Still on low perch and the factory tires at highway pressures.

I strapped the spare to the bed with ratchet straps/D-Rings.

I didn't keep track of what it all cost, but, it was pretty cheap as weekend trips go.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did it all stock, with tire ratchet strapped in the bed. Pull up the old snoball post, the first page had the listed items required. Same items as havoc.

for costs it might be a bit different this year, we wont know till Jason and Mark say what they are planning.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cash is king, and although a 5 gallon gas can is good. No one needed them. They were just in case.

Strapping the spare down is fine. No major jumps or whoops.

Dinner the second night was tough. Bring some trail snacks.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Joe I need my fuel can. Last morning, idling helping mark, i had to dump both my fuel cans in or i wouldnt of made it to the next fuel stop.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may or may not have partaken in a midnight run, who am i kidding. We drove through miserable conditions, way faster than we should of. We filled up on the way back north, except you and JJ had an extra 8 gallons on me, that just about what i was low on the trail.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anytime i leave my immediate area i always fill at least one 5 gallon vp can. Just today in my prep for havoc i came across a guy on a harley that had run out of fuel. so i gave him a couple gallons to get to the next exit on the highway.

Lights also came in handy last night helping a stranded motorist see to change out their spare tire on the side of the road.