Silver lake raptor run 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
How are you planing to mount dune flag to svc bumper?

Post a picture of your bumper for dune flag mounting ideas if you have no tow hooks.

~THE GENERAL~

Now dont laugh at my ghetto fab mount, i whipped this up in about 10 min at my buddys shop on polk road (whitehill's buggy shop) because i forgot to make something up before we left. It worked well, but did have to add the rubber spacers and zillion zip ties to keep flex to a minimum (we all know how heavy these fiberglass flags are). I plan on making a more "proffesional" version before the next trip, but ill probably forget and do the same thing again. :ROFLJest:

DSC_0012_zpsws63bsns.jpg

And just some other pics from that trip just because...

GOPR0003_1410993285120_high_zpsedksbgw6.jpg

GOPR0005_1410993326024_high_zpsdzttjql7.jpg

OP
OP
andrew_villafane

andrew_villafane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now dont laugh at my ghetto fab mount, i whipped this up in about 10 min at my buddys shop on polk road (whitehill's buggy shop) because i forgot to make something up before we left. It worked well, but did have to add the rubber spacers and zillion zip ties to keep flex to a minimum (we all know how heavy these fiberglass flags are). I plan on making a more "proffesional" version before the next trip, but ill probably forget and do the same thing again. :ROFLJest:

DSC_0012_zpsws63bsns.jpg

And just some other pics from that trip just because...

GOPR0003_1410993285120_high_zpsedksbgw6.jpg

GOPR0005_1410993326024_high_zpsdzttjql7.jpg
Love the jerry-riggin! Haha I've done similar things before out there, but it's usually a "trail fix" [emoji23]

~THE GENERAL~

OP
OP
andrew_villafane

andrew_villafane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and Keith Mandoske talked earlier as to how were going to do the trail portion of the run. We are going to play our numbers by ear until the event; once we see how many people are coming for sure we will decide how many teams we will split into for the trails. I think at most 2 teams will be required. We already have over 40 confirmed drivers coming, and I'm getting more and more people requesting invites to the event every day. This is gonna be alot bigger than last year! May not be as scheduled and organized as some of the other FRF events people have attended, but that's part of the joy of it. It's laid back and a good time. The trail run is pretty much your only time restraint; because we have to leave by a designated time in order to complete our whole trip, find time to jump the power lines and get pictures, and make It back to the sand dunes for our group photos. @haynesoffroad may be doing some raffles on parts and accessories with the donations going towards a good cause (yet to be determined).

I will keep you all posted with any updates.

~THE GENERAL~

OP
OP
andrew_villafane

andrew_villafane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When should we start making reservations at the campground? It would be cool if we got a majority of the guys in one place instead of 3 different places like last year
Honestly I don't think they will be very busy at all given its still early spring; but it never hurts to call and make them early. Which camp ground would you prefer. I like the silver lake resort and camp ground because they have the cabins and good bathrooms and showers. But the atmosphere at the state park campground is a lot more lax on rules which is nice.

~THE GENERAL~

Snoopaloop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't think they will be very busy at all given its still early spring; but it never hurts to call and make them early. Which camp ground would you prefer. I like the silver lake resort and camp ground because they have the cabins and good bathrooms and showers. But the atmosphere at the state park campground is a lot more lax on rules which is nice.

~THE GENERAL~

The amenities weren't all that bad at the state park. I'm down with anything, but I'm camping in a tent no matter what place we go to.

Didn't the resort have a curfew at like 11?