Schuss mountain snow challenge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrew_villafane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys, have any of you ever heard of or seen the schuss mountain snow challenge? It's by my house, I go every year. It's bad ass. My stepdad and his raptor have taken first 2 times and second once in the past three years (in the sportsman's 35+ class). I plan on goin for gold this year in my new rig. Any of you guys live near Michigan? Should come check it out or come race! Not till spring but figured I'd throw it out there. Be cool to have a crew of us there.

https://youtu.be/pwdrjk8B-TA

Check out the video^

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, The challenge originally Made news here when some dude in a stock rap got beat by a lifted bronco. Someone suggested the raptor pilot was inexperienced or didn't have the truck in the right mode.

OP
OP
andrew_villafane

andrew_villafane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my stepdad, and we beat that bronco. Then the guy cried about his lane so we switched lanes with him and forgot to turn off traction control (we turned it off and waited to rerun) then he won. We whooped his ass the first run

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy did I just insert my foot, which comes second nature, lol, sorry to suggest you lost! Glad you set the record straight. I remember watching the vid of the Broncos win and I was like how the hell did a 20 year old truck beat a new hi tech raptor, as I shed a tear.

I watched the vids, what a blast, well done, your dad def whooped some ass. That outside lane was no good at all.

Last edited:

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 hi + ORM and diff locked, with sport trac disabled? was he in manual shift mode or auto?

OP
OP
andrew_villafane

andrew_villafane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the lane was half the race lol. It's a blast tho, hoping to get a group of us there for next year's race! It's a fun filled weekend of racing! Definitely worth the trip! And manual shifting.