RPG Texas Raptor Run 2014: On Topic Only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
This thread is for Official TRR information, announcements, and Q&A only. All off topic posts will be moved to the other TRR thread.

The 2014 RPG Texas Raptor Run presented by FOX will be the largest one to date. I'd like to see 150-200 Raptors in attendance. I want to smash our fundraising efforts for 2013, which totaled $33,000 to various charities. I want to see every Raptor vendor in attendance. If there is a vendor that you want to see there, let them know!

Set at the amazing Texana Ranch, with it's rolling hills, variety of terrain, tons of wildlife and it's awesome campground. TRR14 has something for every Raptor enthusiast and their families. The 43 mile track is great for all Raptors, from bone stock, to highly modified, come out and see what your Raptor is capable of!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

When: April 10-13

TRR14%20schedule%20editable%20grey.jpg

Thursday April 10:​
10 AM Registration Opens​
3 PM Driver Safety Meeting​
4 PM Led Prerun Lap​
9 PM Led Night Lap​

Friday April 11:​
9 AM Driver Safety Meeting​
10 AM-10 PM Track Open​

Saturday April 12:​
9 AM Driver Safety Meeting​
10 AM-6 PM Track Open​
6 PM - 8 PM Dinner and Raffle​
8 PM Tour of Exotic Animals​
9 PM Guided Night Run​

Sunday April 13:​
9AM-2PM Track Open​

Where: The Texana Ranch, Blackwell TX

Places to stay: Free Tent Camping, RV hookups are $25 a night for 30 amp, $40 a night for 50 amp. Hotels in Sweetwater, Abiline, San Angelo, Bronte.

RV Hookups: Please fill out this form for RV Hookups RV Reservation Formcall or email Joseph with Ross Creek with any questions (325) 669-8866, [email protected]

Cost: $350 per truck (2 people), additional participants $50 each. plus $10 per person at the gate.

Cancellation: If you end up not being able to attend, full refunds will be given up to March 15 2014. After that date, 75% of the payment can be applied to any future TRR event, but there will be no cash refunds.

What's Included: ​Driver and Co-Driver T Shirt, 2 Tickets to BBQ dinner, Driver Bag. Additional shirts will be available for purchase.

Required gear:
1. DOT Approved Helmet.
2. First aid kit.
3. Fire extinguisher.
4. Tow strap
5. Minimum of 1 qt of the following.
Engine Oil
ATF for powersteering
6. Method to secure everything in your bed

RULES
Texas Raptor Run Event Rules

Texas Raptor Run’s has established the following rules.
• Helmet on at all times while on the track.
• 100% Sober Driving.
• Alcohol consumption will not be tolerated on trails or any time you are driving.
• Passengers may not drink on trails. There is no warning--first offense you will be asked to leave the ranch.
• Illegal drug use will not be tolerated any time during the event. There is no warning-- first offense you will be asked to leave the event.
• No glass containers allowed outside of camp.
• No driving on the track after hours. There is no warning-- first offense you will be asked to leave the event.
• Stop or check on people pulled off on the trail.
• Call in any damage to the ranch immediately.
• No UTVs, Quads, Pit Bikes allowed.
• 15mph in the pits.
• 25mph on the caliche roads even if they are part of the track.
• No littering.
• No smoking on the trails.
• Know the limitations of yourself and your vehicle
• Buckle up!
• Use common sense
• All passengers must have a seat belt on, no one in the bed of the truck.
• We are not responsible for you during this event.
• Stay on existing marked trails - NO TRAIL BLAZING.
• Anyone under 18 must have parental supervision.
• Everyone coming to the event will be considered a participant and will be required to sign a release.

GPS Files
GPX File
Google Earth File
Lowrance GPS File

Number Placards: You asked for it in the past, and TRR is going to deliver. Each truck will receive a number placard. When you register and pay you get to select your number, so if you have a particular number you're after, register soon! Rough draft of the placard below.

Number%20Plate%20ver%201.2.jpg

As usual, none of this is possible without TRR's amazing sponsors.

Nitto%20Chrome%20750.png

TSCS%20New%20Logo.png

Dunkoe%20Photography.png

line_prot_coat%20SA%20750.png

Raptor%20Custom%20Embroidery%20750.png

Chrome%20AO%20Logo.png

aaaa.png

:specialed:

Last edited:
OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Raffle: TRR14's raffle will benefit the Fisher House. Fisher House Foundation Tickets will be $5 each, and we will have some amazing prizes as usual!

Raffle Prizes:
NITTO Tire: Set of 35" tires.
ICON Vehicle Dynamics: All sorts of ICON goodies!
GotExhaust.com: Magnaflow Cat Back System
Raptor Addict: 2 - $500 Gift Certificates
LineX of SA: Line-X short bed under the rails with Line-X premium.
Raptor Retrofit: FX-R 50W Retrofit Headlights.
The Car Stereo Company: 2 Sets of JL Audio C3 570 speakers
Baja Designs: 8" Onyx LED Light Bar
LGE/CTS: "Baja Forged" Front Bumper

Rogue-Logo-2.gif

Rogue Racing Pro2 Demo!
TRR is proud to announce that Professional Lucas Oil Driver, and partner/lead fabricator of Rogue Racing, Robby Woods is bringing his Pro2 truck to TRR. He will be doing a demo Friday and Saturday night in the infield of the track. 900 hp and a professional driver is going to be an amazing site to see!

Robby_Woods_2010_LOORS_Las_Vegas_May_Mad_Media05.png

Robby_Woods_2010_LOORS_Las_Vegas_May_Mad_Media12.png

robby-woods-loan-mart-crandon-08.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
FAQ:

Q: Will there be a fuel truck on site?
A: No there will not be fuel on site. Bronte is 15 miles away, they have up to 91 octane.

Q: Can my wife/kids come
A: Absolutely, there is a pool (weather permitting), lots of exotic animals to see, etc. It's a great place for the family.

Q: What kind of helmet do I need?
A: A DOT helmet is all that's required.

Q: What sort of gear should I bring
A: See the required gear in the first post. You really don't need to over think this, lots of guys have tools and parts and everyone is willing to help each other out.

Q: How much gas will I use out there?
A: It depends on how you drive. Figure 8 mpg avg. though.

Q: Can I bring my RZR, Golf Cart, Quad, pit bike, etc.
A: No, my insurance will not cover it.

Q: I signed up for group (a,b,c) but I'm afraid I'll be too (slow, fast). What happens then?
A: The groups are just for the first staging in the morning, you can request to move up or down for the next stagings, there is nothing set in stone about this, just a method to get the quicker guys in front of the slower ones. There is no shame in group C either. Off-Road driving is dangerous, and you should never try to drive over your limits just to keep up with the guy in front or behind you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

There are 3 different grouping of drivers, A B and C. Does all groups still drive the exact same course, just at different speed or are there 3 different courses?

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
There are 3 different grouping of drivers, A B and C. Does all groups still drive the exact same course, just at different speed or are there 3 different courses?

Exact same course. The groupings are just to get the faster guys in front of the slower guys. You can move up or down in group, it's not a big deal.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When it comes to driving classes please do not feel bad for being in the C class. Don't think you have to prove anything to anyone at TRR drive within your abilities. If you're new then this can be a great learning experience. Choose your classes wisely guys!

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Texas Raptor Runs is proud to announce that KING Shocks is a supporter of TRR14. Look for them and their Big Toter at the event!

D

Deleted member 12951

I was reading on the other thread that there "might" be a gas tanker at TRR. Has that been confirmed? And if so, Do they take credit cards? I figured price per gallon will be at a premium rate, like a Marina (understandable), but is it crazy overpriced from how it has been in previous years? And if not, then does everyone just run to Bronte? Hope that the only gas station is prepared with enough gas for Raptor guzzlers that weekend.

Last edited by a moderator: