Recovery Training Class - Arranged by CT Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard back from Overland Experts and the date for the Off Road Recovery Course has been set for Sunday June 1st.

Below is a copy of what info has been posted thus far. I do need to hear back on who is coming. We need to have a minimum of 18 attendees with a maximum of 24. PLEASE CONFIRM THAT YOU WILL BE ATTENDING.

Additionally, Freedom Motorsports is putting together Special Recovery Packages just for this class (Thanks to Chris Kelley & Witchy for their assistance).
https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsport...dex&cPath=1126

Overland Experts in East Hadaam, CT HAVE agreed to cut there normal fees in half to do a Raptor Recovery Training Seminar. They will use one of their trucks to demonstrate on and the format will be at their CT training school. Topics will include the use of Hi-Lift jacks, kinetic ropes, winches, airing down, etc.

Should be a great learning experience as these guys train Special Operations Troops on how to use any type of off-road vehicle in any type of terrain and how to keep moving no matter the situation or obstacle.

Cost is $100/person.

Here is their website:

Off-road driving school. Overland recreational, professional and military training. 4x4 travel. — Overland Experts

OP
OP
BearClaw

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bearclaw do you happen to have an agenda for what will be covered in the class? It might be worth a trip for me. :)

They are putting this class together specifically for us so I do not have a detailed agenda. However, in our discussions they plan on covering the various ways a Hi-Lift Jack can be used in recovery from changing tire to winching. Various scenarios of recovery and which is the right equipment to use - tow strap, kinetic rope, Hi-Lift, and winch (if you have one). Additional pieces of recovery gear and when to use: i.e. chains, blocks, pulleys, etc.

They are big believers in airing down in most, if not all, off roading excursions. So they will cover when, how much, what to do if you blow a bead - repair, etc. On board air systems and air down equipment.

If I get more detail I will share. It will be an 8 hour course and they will be using one of their trucks to demonstrate on.

D

Deleted member 12951

If I lived over that way, I would definitely go to this. Don't see much interest though of people posting back? Seems like a heck of a deal for 8 hours for $100. That link to Freedom for the recovery kit doesn't work, BTW.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confussed. Where is the course offered at, city and state?

Thanks,
HAP

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This would be awesome to set up at their NC location for those of us in the southeast. I'm thinking August/ September would be a great time.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score