Radio programming information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I want to start a thread for 2 reasons: First, I can't find the info anywhere else. Second, I know I can not be the only guy that is lost...

I see freqs posted for various rides. Some radios can be set up from the radio, others require programming through a computer. What I am hoping to do is put together a definitive list and import files for major radio brands. One problem: I don't have a clue what any of it means. So here is the CSV file I put together for my Kenwood TM-V71a.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqd356ktnlj2ya2/FRF Freqs.csv

I really need someone to take a look at it and see if it is jacked up or not, and see if I got all of the common freqs. If someone can post an ICOM, Yaesu, etc export just so I can get the file format I will update his post with downloads for every brand I can, I just need a sample export to know what format is required. I will also post a text of the freqs for those that cannot use the import files.

I really am lost with this radio so any help is appreciated. I will share what I get from you so it can help others.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Slacker

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every radio is gonna be different. I have 3 Yaesu rigs and they all use different formats.

Well that isn't going to make things easy.. Thanks for the samples though.

With your radio more then likely you will have to modify it to transmit on the frequencies used for runs.

I got the MARS/CAP mod when I bought it.

OP
OP
Slacker

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can add a receive freq without adding a transmit freq? This would be for things like police bands where I want to be able to listen but not accidentally transmit.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may not help the OP, but all Radios sold by GLRE (Handhelds and Built-ins) are already pre-programmed with all of the channels needed for any of the various Raptor Runs. :cool:

Last edited:

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can add a receive freq without adding a transmit freq? This would be for things like police bands where I want to be able to listen but not accidentally transmit.

Just put the receive frequency in as simplex. Since most PD and Fire use PL tones you wont be able to interferer with them. Someone with a scanner will hear you though....