Ocotillo Wells Halloween night 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, this is going to be a fast paced, exciting trip. Make sure to top off with fuel because this trip is going to cover a lot of miles in a short amount of time.

While this trip isn't necessarily family oriented, it also isn't a get wasted party run. This is pure, fast, hard off roading.

Here's the agenda:

I'm taking the kids trick or treating early evening, but will be leaving Escondido for Ocotillo Wells around 10pm.

Arrive in Ocotillo 11:30-midnight. Stake out a good place to camp in BlowSand cove. Make a few runs up and down Shell Reef Express, maybe Devil's slide lane and/or San Felipe wash.

Sunday Nov. 1 is where the real fun begins. Whenever we wake up and have breakfast we will run down Shell Reef Express to Pole Line Road and turn South. We will take Pole Line for about 30 miles. The whoops are knee deep and spaced perfectly apart for a full size truck. Average speed is 45-50mph. But we will wait for slower vehicles.

The end of that road is Superstition Mountain. I hope to arrive there before noon. We will make the trip over China Wall then come down off the mountain thru the dunes. On the East side of the mountain is a neat little strip of dunes that you can turn into a half pipe. Here's a little part that we played at for a little while last Halloween with some Raptor's:

When we get bored of the half pipe/quarter pipe we will head back West towards the railroad tracks and up to Split Mountain. By this time it will be dark. And I've heard Split Mountain is a great place to launch crazy fireworks.

I figure after Split Mountain if there is anything left in us we could check out Ocotillo Wells and mess around a little bit more, or just head home.

Figure Sunday Nov. 1 will see about 60-100 miles in the dirt:)

Post up if you wanna go, or hit me up with any questions. I'll be inviting a few other groups but I suspect this will be a small, fast paced group.

Keith 760-877-4234