NorthEast TRR - Who's temped to fly down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I havent signed up yet but I'm awfully tempted to...you guys thought of sending your trucks down and flying into Dallas?...its a 3600 mile round trip for me from Long Island, way I figure at 12MPG average @ $4.10 a gallon (National Average), its about $1,250 in gas alone...add hotels, tolls, food etc. and we are talking $2,000 easy....trucking would be about $700-900 each way plus $400-$500 for plane ticket its just about the same. Not to mention the extra days driving....

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think some that have looked into this have found trouble finding shipping companies that can handle a raptor, because of it's width. I know there are some old threads where people have discussed it, and it just didn't seem to work out.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think the drive is part of the fun, especially if you have a convoy.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In several experiences of having cars shipped, mine and friends, there have always significant delays, Pickup and delivery, despite promised dates. Expect to pay top$ for a shipper who stands by their dates.

Had my Raptor shipped, in getting quotes the width/height wasn't as much an issue as much as length

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, problem I'm having is the way back...we are going to be sooooo tired!!!

I hear ya, I will have a 20 hour drive each way and plan on driving straight through....Thank goodness for caffine.

Then three weeks later, to MI for the Spring 13 and two weeks after that, off to South Dakota for the Buffalo Run. :patriot:

OP
OP
mouldman1

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In several experiences of having cars shipped, mine and friends, there have always significant delays, Pickup and delivery, despite promised dates. Expect to pay top$ for a shipper who stands by their dates.

Had my Raptor shipped, in getting quotes the width/height wasn't as much an issue as much as length

you guys are no help!!!! lol we need our own trucking company!!!