Nor Cal Carson City NV Run Nov. 2nd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

In the hopes of ramping up runs in the style of the former Raptor Expeditions we are going to start doing some unsupported (No fees charged) runs. I have been working with Bigg50 (Jeremiah) up here in Nor Cal and we are going to start putting some runs together up here as well as So Cal, AZ, NV and Mexico.

We are planning on doing a one day run Saturday November 2nd. We’ll be meeting in Carson City (and picking up guys on the way) at 10:30 am and will be hitting the dirt by 11:00am. We’ll be covering roughly 180 off road miles in 5-7 hours.

For the exact meeting location PM one of us and we will get the information to you.

The route is a lot of fun. Jeremiah and a few others ran it 2 weeks ago and were able to average close to 40 mph for the whole trip. If you’ve ever recorded your average speed while on a run, you’ll know that’s a blazing overall pace. There’s a good chance we’ll have an hour or two of driving in the dark which should be a lot of fun as well.

Below is a list of required gear. The list is not meant to make the runs exclusive but in order to ensure we can safely cover the ground at a decent pace it’s important to have this gear. These items will be required for future runs so it will be worth investing in if you plan on coming out again.

REQUIRED GEAR:
• Off road GPS: Of course Lowrance would
be ideal but an iPad or other tablet with Motion X or
equivalent app will do just fine.
• VHF radio capable of broadcasting on
Weatherman (Frequency 151.625)

Recommended gear:
• 2 spares – this will usually be a
requirement so this should be top of your list if you
don’t have 2 now.
• Mid perch- it’s way too easy to
bottom out the front end on stock perch.
• Auxiliary lighting- Driving in the
dark with stock headlights sucks and really slows you down.
• Jack
• Recovery gear- snatch strap, etc.
• Back up fluids – radiator fluid,
brake oil, power steering fluid, motor oil.

Last edited:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doh! You have any sort if tablet with 3G/4g?

I might be able to loan you one Ed. Let me know if you're interested.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome guys!

Disclaimer:

I am a Raptor enthusiast who likes to plan these little adventures. I am not part of any club, organization or sanctioned event. This trail run is a "enter at your own risk" run. I will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen stuff, damage to your vehicle or equipment, etc. I will, however, honor the "Off roaders code". Everyone who goes in goes out! I will try to provide as much intel as I can so you can make a informed decision as to whether you would like to attend or not. Nuff said! Now, let's get out there and enjoy what nature has to offer us, make some new friends, and have some fun with our Raptors!