Mojave Road Dec 5th - 7th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Berky

Reaction score
I figured I would through this out there for anyone interested. Me and a few friends will be headed out to Mojave Rd on December 5th and returning on the 7th. We will be heading East to West. This is our first time out there, but I have mapped out all of the common sight seeing areas.

We will arrive at Fort Piute Friday night and setup camp.

Saturday we will try to hit all of the popular spots and setup camp around Hole in the Wall.

Stops will be at:
Petroglyphs
Stone Cabin
Government Hole
Mojave Mine (in Cima)
Marl Springs
Mail box (to sign in)

Sunday finish up the road and maybe do some shooting once we are on BLM land.

Stops will be at:
Lava Tubes
Rock Pile
Random mine
Slot Canyon
Train tracks

Since this is the first time out for all of the people currently attending we plan to take our time and have some fun. The go pedal will be pinned to the floor every chance we get though. There will be two Raptors and an FJ Cruiser.

If anyone is interested in coming along or has some recommendations of "must see areas" let me know.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun trip...wish I had time to join. We did a run through there last year but didn't take time to explore and see the sites. Such a cool route with all the history.

Have fun!

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool, wish I could join y'all! I did it with an Xterra group back in '07, it was a blast!

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this yeaaaaars ago! Started in Laughlin ended at Cima rd. If I get my Raptor back might meet u guys out there! Camped @ hole in the wall aldo. It was a ****** blast!

OP
OP
Berky

Berky

Reaction score
Did this yeaaaaars ago! Started in Laughlin ended at Cima rd. If I get my Raptor back might meet u guys out there! Camped @ hole in the wall aldo. It was a ****** blast!

Is Hole in the Wall a camp ground a place where we need to make reservations or just show up and set up tents? If it needs reservations we might just stay at Mojave Camp or 17 mile.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Here's a camp I made just past Fort Piute in the canyon. Fort Piute was a tad too rocky for me. We were actually coming from the west. We left Barstow Minneloa Rd and the 15 at 10am and made it to this camp by 8pm. When coming from the east with a bunch of jeeps we mad it to Fort Piute in less than 4 hours. I can make it there in 2 in a Raptor.
b7ce21f5bd1753e01e54d1f572e65620.jpg

The other place I like to camp is just past the petroglyphs toward the New York mountains. There are a few primitive campgrounds in this area. Really nice here but the elevation is a bit night so it will be cold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Berky

Berky

Reaction score
I didn't realize it would take so long to get to Fort Piute. Might have to rethink our first nights stay.

I am planning for the cold weather. The only thing that will really get to me is if it really windy. From what I am seeing it will probably be in the 30s - 40s at night. Camp fire and some whiskey and I will be just fine.