Las Vegas July

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey. Getting married in Vegas the end of July 2017. Going to be driving down in the truck. Are there any group events or any guided tours offroad I can do with the raptor. Las Vegas to reno or Las Vegas to Barstow, kinda thing. Also wanna do the area 51 thing. I'm from Canada so never been out in the desert before. Ive been offroading most my life. Wanna experience the desert. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

2baddogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a big off road community here and plenty of opportunity. Problem is its going to be 110-118 degrees in July. Probably not alot of organized activity during July/Aug but I know some Toyota guys that do night runs.

Whatever you do, make sure you carry plenty of water and people know your general trail map. Avoid going alone in case you have a mechanical issue. The desert is no joke during the summer and many people underestimate the impact of dehydration.

navywolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a big off road community here and plenty of opportunity. Problem is its going to be 110-118 degrees in July. Probably not alot of organized activity during July/Aug but I know some Toyota guys that do night runs.

Whatever you do, make sure you carry plenty of water and people know your general trail map. Avoid going alone in case you have a mechanical issue. The desert is no joke during the summer and many people underestimate the impact of dehydration.

I'll echo that. As a teen my off road bike broke down in the desert. I was miles from home and had no water. To make things worse I was over confident and traveling alone because I rode those trails every day I could.
It will be extremely hot in July and it is tough to overestimate just how much water you may need.
Dehydration sucks and is dangerous.

Peattie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey. Getting married in Vegas the end of July 2017. Going to be driving down in the truck. Are there any group events or any guided tours offroad I can do with the raptor. Las Vegas to reno or Las Vegas to Barstow, kinda thing. Also wanna do the area 51 thing. I'm from Canada so never been out in the desert before. Ive been offroading most my life. Wanna experience the desert. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Look up southern nevada raptor group on Facebook. People always post runs and stuff on there.. but like baddogs said, there isn't much activity in the summer. It's just too hot in the event someone does have mechanical failures.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'll echo that. As a teen my off road bike broke down in the desert. I was miles from home and had no water. To make things worse I was over confident and traveling alone because I rode those trails every day I could.
It will be extremely hot in July and it is tough to overestimate just how much water you may need.
Dehydration sucks and is dangerous.

Yeah you start measuring your water needs in gallons when its that hot out. I've done some running in Phoenix when it's 120 and 5 gallons doesn't feel like enough if things went sideways out there.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dude, why not just invite a bunch of us Raptor guys out there to the wedding. then we could all go on a run together. We could organize one of those EPIC bachelor parties and do this thing the right way!!!!

hangover-fear.jpg

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you could always stick around until august and do burning man. pre-event we do fly ranch, pyramid lake and the hot springs. just outside of Reno, off of 447.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get in touch with DezertRacer he owns a shop down there. Might as well go early and have him do some new shocks or supercharger. He's on FB too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk