Labor Day Weekend Las Vegas Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The former Raptor Expeditions Crew is planning a Raptor Run over Labor Day weekend. This will not be a beginner run and you should be an intermediate or above driver. The run will be approximately 450 miles covering three states the first day and 200 miles the second day. Driver, co-driver and truck must be ready for a very long challenging weekend. If I have peaked your interest and you are still interested in joining us, as of now we are still in the planning stages and here is what we are thinking. Day one (Aug. 31) Borrego Springs up to Las Vegas and Day two (Sept. 1) Las Vegas to Barstow.

This run is not affiliated in any way with any business or origination and is just a group of friends getting together to drive our trucks. There will be no support other than ourselves. However, we will not leave anybody behind.

Requirements will be:

Navigation system we can load the route onto (This will not be prerun and we will be using old map files and the old hazards will be marked. However, the desert changes and there WILL be unmarked hazards)

VHS Radio

Two Spares

And all the equipment you feel is necessary for you to be self-sufficient in the desert.

If you would like to join us, send me a PM with your email and I will provide you with more information.

Gordon
RSV5 Raptor Expeditions Team Member

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like sections of the land rush, I wish I could go, but I don't think my truck would be ready for the abuse of doing this run

Ditto, and after this weekend in Reno and the little things that happened, my truck and gear is going to be getting better prepped for something like this.

First up, bump stop kit and new leafs to carry the load...

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mid perch, bump kit and leaf springs would be a really good idea for this type of run.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I didn't mean the truck really, just the equipment I bring along with it, but I really don't want to carry a ton of tools and parts either, I'm sure the stock truck can hold up, although mid perch, leafs, and bumps/frame kits would help

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The former Raptor Expeditions Crew is planning a Raptor Run over Labor Day weekend. This will not be a beginner run and you should be an intermediate or above driver. The run will be approximately 450 miles covering three states the first day and 200 miles the second day. Driver, co-driver and truck must be ready for a very long challenging weekend. If I have peaked your interest and you are still interested in joining us, as of now we are still in the planning stages and here is what we are thinking. Day one (Aug. 31) Borrego Springs up to Las Vegas and Day two (Sept. 1) Las Vegas to Barstow.

This run is not affiliated in any way with any business or origination and is just a group of friends getting together to drive our trucks. There will be no support other than ourselves. However, we will not leave anybody behind.

Requirements will be:

Navigation system we can load the route onto (This will not be prerun and we will be using old map files and the old hazards will be marked. However, the desert changes and there WILL be unmarked hazards)

VHS Radio

Two Spares

And all the equipment you feel is necessary for you to be self-sufficient in the desert.

If you would like to join us, send me a PM with your email and I will provide you with more information.

Gordon
RSV5 Raptor Expeditions Team Member

I meet none of the requirements but want to drive this weekend. WTF??? Why is your stupid Raptor club so damn exclusive???? I wanna join your club!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner