LA mountains exploring. Because LA does have wilderness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pt2285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinking about heading out next week for a good day trip exploring Angeles national forrest. Rincon is open so maybe rincon to 3n17 and come out around the 14 area. I'm gonna call down to the ranger station and double check. Went all through here as a kid with scouts, haven't up there in a long time. maybe do 3 part series of exploring Angeles, San berdo, and cleveland.

OP
OP
Pt2285

Pt2285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i called to SGV ranger office they said rincon is open but only 10miles of it and the rest is set to open sometime in 2016. they are not sure about the rest. waiting for phone call back. they also said that all cars must be 4x4 and have 15in of clearance from lowest point to ground. this has to be a visual inspection done @ the office in glendora or on the weekends @ the azusa OHV...... so we got that going.

AlpineM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be in for this...just did Coxey Rd/3N14 from Apple Valley to Big Bear and it was such a blast!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i called to SGV ranger office they said rincon is open but only 10miles of it and the rest is set to open sometime in 2016. they are not sure about the rest. waiting for phone call back. they also said that all cars must be 4x4 and have 15in of clearance from lowest point to ground. this has to be a visual inspection done @ the office in glendora or on the weekends @ the azusa OHV...... so we got that going.
we dont have 15" of clearance from our lowest point.