King of the Hammers 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to KOH this year?

If so, are you staying in Hammertown or camping on the outskirts? I'll probably be getting there Thursday night and camping near the hills east of Hammertown.

OP
OP
goathearder

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is only the second time I've been and the first time I didn't have the Raptor. Are you allowed to run the track on Saturday since the race is done?

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that you can, my sister is racing the hammer's on Friday so I will ask her what info she has, and if I can post it, but I know the races end Friday so I don't see why not.

dmarriott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to head out there wens afternoon. Barstow to Slash X to Johnson Valley off-road. Anyone want to tag along? Mostly along Harrod Rd which is about 55 miles, Camping (if you can call it that ) close to Hammer Town in friends 5th wheel garage.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be out there Friday the 6th for the main race. This will be my first KOH. Where's the good specator spots?

OP
OP
goathearder

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be out there Friday the 6th for the main race. This will be my first KOH. Where's the good specator spots?

We are going to be camping on a ridge near the end of Chocolate thunder which is where we were last time, it was a pretty good vantage point of both the rock crawling and some open sections but you can drive from point to point all day and see whatever you like.

These are the coordinates for Chocolate Thunder:

N34 25.127' W116 29.097'

Anyone know what frequency the racers run? Are they on VHF mostly?

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
See you all out there! I wait for this race all year every year. Awesome time!